ATS Automation Tooling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ATS Automation Tooling Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Wixom, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

ATS human resources manager contacted me via Linked-in directly. Once I read the job description and agreed to proceed he followed-up with a phone interview. Face-to-face with another PM for second round interview. The final round interview with the general manager was face-to-face with an offer of employment immediately following the GM meeting.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Corvallis, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. ATS Automation flew me out for a day and half to see the area and interview for 3/4 of a day. Three panel interviews and final interview with the GM. The offer was extended the next day. The Start date was negotiated.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was that the GM was not wiling to negotiate salary at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only able to negotiate vacation accrual rate.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fun and somewhat informal. I interviewed multiple people at the same time who put me at ease by adding some humor to the conversation. The company has a laid back culture and employees are very much into sports and outdoor activities. They gave me a tour of the factory that was really cool.

Junior Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied to the position in Cambridge, ON, Canada. The whole process (from applying to getting offer)took about a month.

First round was a quick phone call, they just want to touch base and know my basic information. In my case I was relocating, they also asked me why I wanted to move.

Second round was a skype call. I am not sure if this is common because I live far and they did video call instead of in-person. The interview was with the department manager and another higher level manager. Very standard questions. What do you know about the company & about this role. None of the personality questions such as "how do you deal with stress". After that some technical questions about physics, spacial visualization and thermodynamics.

My suggestion: Do your homework, make sure you know what you want to do and what you are about to step into. Don't come into the interview and not even knowing what the company does.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was brought in for 3 interviews - First being with HR, second with the hiring manager and the third with the hiring manager and VP. The questions began with the general HR questions and gradually became more detailed about how my experience relates directly to the job responsibilities and requirements. The hiring process took approximately 2-3 weeks and required past job reference, background, criminal and education checks, as they're a public company.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions and then very detailed job related questions.   Answer Question

Junior Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied on line and had phone interview on the next day. In person interview held in woodbridge ATS Testing Division. Met HR and manager at the same time, both are nice person. Thought went through pretty well on the interview, but may be the salary expectation is high thus got rejected

Interview Questions

• Asking your previous experiences and projects. Also salary expectations.   Answer Question

Intermediate Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1) Called for a phone interview with HR department and Engineering Manager. Fairly easy. Little technical but not in depth.

2) In person interview with Engineering Manager. Brace yourself! It was highly technical. Arrived at the interview room, couple of typical ice breakers such as "how was the drive", " weather is great today" blah blah. A thick question sheet was slapped on the table and I was asked to solve. Spent rest of an hour and a half to solve the questions. Afterwards I was given a chance to ask some questions and it was time to depart. Felt like an exam I swear.

3) Third interview was with another Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. It was highly technical again. I was given a design problem to solve and we spent over 1 hour thinking loud and solving the problem. After the design fiasco I was taken on a field trip to the shop floor (Machine assembly floor). Thats' where the machines are assembled. I was taken to a machine and was asked various questions about why certain machine components were in place and what I think the purpose for each is. And can I suggest to do things in a different way, and why?

After that it was time to say good bye. With tears in my eyes and heart full of sorrows I walked out with the hope to see again.

It ddn't end so doomy and gloomy, I was actually hired and still working. Just felt like I should mention this to lighten the mood a little ;)

Interview Questions

• In the first interview I was given a whole exam sheet full of questions about statics, dynamics, strength of materials, machine design principles and etc.   1 Answer
    • Second interview was about problem solving in the white board for over an hour   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied thru university/college portal. it took about 3 weeks to get the interview. All behavioural questions. the whole interview process was easy going and people i worked with were very nice. I was interviewed by an HR specialist and the manager i would be working with. I got the offer one week later and they would send all docs to you within one month.

Interview Questions

• if you got the offers from Division A and Division B, which one would you choose?   Answer Question

ATS Automation Tooling Response

Oct 16, 2015 – Corporate HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive interview experience on Glassdoor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. All the best! Sincerely, Robin Coomber, Corporate HR Manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied via school portal. Interview was straight forward, and was with one of the senior engineers. As such, not too much on the HR side of things. Interview began with him asking if I had any questions, and then questions about my background (he just went through my resume).
    Afterwards, there were just a bunch of technical problems, involving basic physics, spatial reasoning, and some real life cases to analyse.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Everything was pretty standard. Goofed up on one of the case studies, though.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple interviews, HR First, Hiring manager - Second, higher manager or the team - Third

Interview Questions

• What to you dislike about your present role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was handled by the agency.