AVI Foodsystems Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AVI Foodsystems Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at AVI Foodsystems Inc.

2.0

Vending Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Napoleon, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Called for job opening. Interviewed at place of work. Took hair drug test. Passed and filled out paperwork. Two days of training.

Chef Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2019.

Interview

Two interviews and one Stagiere. Very easy to setup, kind individuals to interview with. Lots of fun during the Stagiere during which I was given a variety of foods to create a few dishes. Items are photographed and all info is sent to corporate.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Jackson, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview a month after applying in person. When I arrived I was there with 2 other interviewees where we were all handed apps to fill out again because they had no record of a previous submission. I waited about 15 minutes or so after I was done with completely filling out the app before they brought me back. For the most part I was asked normal questions about the previous jobs I've had and which position I was applying for. There were two people conducting the interview and they both sat very quietly analyzing everything that I said and how I said it. In the end, I asked them how they would handle it if I were to have to go to important events like court hearings where attendance is mandatory to avoid bench warrants. I was then told that if I think I might have regular court hearings then maybe this job/company isn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel with a 5am sharp start time M-F?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke or use tobacco products?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview was very short. I met with a manager and sous chef for about a half an hour. They didn't offer me a job that day, but called me in several days later for a drug screening. That took a few days and then they called me and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked if I knew the difference between sauté, dice, chop, and if I knew what a julienne cut meant. They asked if I knew how to measure out 10 pounds of potatoes. They also asked I'd be able to work evenings and weekends.   1 Answer

President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mars, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Mars, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I just wanted to read reviews on other jobs out there. Not be stuck feeling out every survey. Why am I held hostage to give information I don’t want to give.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Nice & personable, nice atmosphere. Easy going & able to take a joke even though it's a serious situation. Very direct. They also explain the entire hiring procedures & policies.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working in this feild?   1 Answer

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager wouldn't stop looking at my breasts. He kept talking down on other employees. Telling me I was going to replace a member that didn't work. Other than that, just don't wear tight clothes because the manager is very rude towards women.

Interview Questions

• Do you have hair. What does black peoples hair feel like.   1 Answer

Vending Machine Route Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falconer, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Falconer, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I arrived at 9 am my interview was at 930 am .. so i filled out the application and there was a guy who was there who had an interview and was filling out the app as well. well alittle after 10 am Robin the one doing the interviews somes out and says she is ready for me to interview. The guy was sitting there waiting as we pass thur she says they are going to do the drug test for you in a moment. We go in to the room to interview and she as me about me and what i have done I answer everything and it all is going well. then she looks at my application and there was a time that i got into trouble 8 yrs ago . she laughs about what happened and says something like that happend to her, then we finish the interview. and she says that she has other interviews to go thru an she will get back to me.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Warren, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very average, they called me in for one interview and I was interviewed by two separate people. Very standard questions and there was nothing out of the ordinary. They eventually called and offered the position and I had to go in for a drug test.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online, received a response three weeks later. The hiring manager I was speaking to only wished to speak over email, I offered my phone number but they never called me nor did they return any calls to a phone number they left for me. They gave an interview date, time and location which I attended, but nobody showed up. A week later I get another response from the hiring manager admonishing me for no showing the interview (even though they are the one who no showed) and said they would give me another chance. We set up an additional date, time and location, they told me I didn't need to bring anything with me and it would be a simple verbal interview.

Went to this interview, met with the hiring manager, they gave me a giant paper application to fill out, and then asked for my resume, when I told them I didn't have it as they said I didn't have to bring anything with me, they claimed they never stated that. I showed them their email on my phone, they became irate and told me to get the F out and stop wasting their time and come back with my resume. Needless to say, I didn't come back period.

The lack of respect, decency, and professionalism by this hiring manager was appalling and the hostility was unacceptable.