AVI Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AVI Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.4

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AVI Systems in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was informal. It was face-to-face with the hiring manager. Minimal questions were asked from the HR the typical "tell me about your experience...". The HR went through and described the details for the position and responsibilities.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AVI Systems (Toledo, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Three parts. Phone interview first. Then about a week later, a lunch interview with the regional vice president and hr personnel. Then contractor interview with three employees from the contracting company along with the vice president and hr personnel.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AVI Systems (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was by phone. It went very well and the gentleman who called me reviewed all the details of the job, the pay and mentioned there would be travel involved. The job would require me to get certification and continue my education and training. Everything was going great and then we got to talk about pay and benefits. He asked me what I thought I could make an hour, he gave me a number in the mid teens. At first I thought it was a joke, but he said it wasn't. It is a very low paying job for someone who has a Bachelors degree and 3+ years of expeirence in a related field.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AVI Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by phone, speaking to a manager working at their San Diego location. This interview was approximately one hour long, and covered both detailed questions about my resume and additional information about my qualifications, a discussion of the company and their culture, and an explanation of what they were specifically looking for with pointed questions about how I might fit those needs. This was followed up by a lunch meeting with the same manager, which focused more on my work history, on what I was looking for in an employer and my own general expectations, and specifics about the company's current strategic plans and how the position would fit in. Finally, I had an online conference meeting with multiple personnel including a regional VP, which essentially reviewed a lot of the ground already covered in the first two interviews with a few new questions about salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your typical involvement with a project from start to finish. When would you get involved with a project, how did you manage handing it off at the end, who did you interact with, and what were you expected to take care of?   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AVI Systems (Rochester, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

We met at a local restaurant and enjoyed some refreshments during the interview, classy. The regional manager and technical services supervisor were present. The interview process was fairly average for a semi-technical position. Several questions about personal interaction/communication and several more technical questions. This was a position which eventually contracted out to another company so there were additional requirements we had to check to make sure I was up to speed and ready for the contract.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall, its been a couple years now. Typical questions were about handling interpersonal communication.   Answer Question