AVL North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVL North America (Plymouth, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

Had two telephone interviews with HR and all references and certifications were verified before calling in for a face to face interview with CFO and controller which was unusual.
    Controller talked mainly of the project accounting process and how the job entailed photocopying and putting files together.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AVL North America (Plymouth, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

The intial phone interview was misleadingly easy. In gact, we didn't talk about the position much and I felt like I had it in the bag. The 1:1 interview as harder - and I didn't make it past that.

Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AVL North America (Plymouth, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward proces, the interview was positive in every step.

The managers clearly outlined the responsibilities and duties of the job, they also extensively described the work environment and expectations.

The managers mainly asked about my previous experience in the automotive world.

A single interview via phone was necessary to get an offer.

The negotiation with HR was positive experience.

Interview Questions

• highlight in your career?   Answer Question
    • Project you worked on during college and/or working for a company that are relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AVL North America (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy process, one on one interview with hiring manager. No call back with no followup from company. Company seems to be on par with making millions yet it is very confusing when they explain the actual job duties. Company came highly recommended but I was warned about a lack of communication. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the commute.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Graz (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AVL North America (Graz (Austria)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview took quite a long time (around 4 months) which includes typical 1 hour phone interview and face to face discussion. I would say the procedure is quite clear, understanding but the lengthy period disappointed me.
    During the phone call, the team leader asked job related basic questions and was more interested in my background because of my interesting profile. I was confident as I had nothing to lose. In the very next day, I was called for a face to face meeting in Graz.
    I was surprised to find out that AVL was ready to pay for my whole journey and stay in Graz which cost around 900 euros. I became really interested. I had two interviews with the Engineering team ( 2 persons) and the HR. Technical questions asked during the interview was quite relevant, straight forward and friendly. We also discussed on job responsibilities and my suitability to the post. HR interview was typical and as usual, full with weird questions. I had to ask higher salary due to family reasons which of course surprised her but she didn't say anything.
    Anyway, again after 1.5 months I got the reply at last but unfortunately negative. However, I am very happy with their attitude and would like to work there in future.

Interview Questions

• How your previous manager/supervisor/colleagues would describe you as a person?   Answer Question
    • Strength/weakness/expertise/soft skills/fields to improve?   Answer Question
    • What are the best things of you which would help AVL?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AVL North America (Coventry, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application submission, followed up several follow up emails in order to arrange a date for a telephone interview.
    After being introduced to the interviewer and given a background of the team, I was asked about the company, my CV, experience and a couple of technical questions about hybrid cars which I was not expecting at the time. Should not have been too bad however, being unprepared, it was unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• What is more efficient, a manual or transmission gear control?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVL North America.

Interview

Applied Online. Get the reply in a week or so, exchange of emails to set the phone interview. After clearing that one more interview which is a bit more technical

Interview Questions

• Data Structures and Algorithm   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AVL North America (New Delhi (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Very nice interview. The HR person was really friendly and kind. Not many technical questions asked.He asked me if i was willing to learn since i was right out of college and when i said yes, he was willing to take me in . He showed me around the place. and introduced me to everyone.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AVL North America (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Telephonic interview, Technical interview, Personal Technical & HR round.

Interview Questions

• What will i do if i am facing a problem in customer site without knowing about that device?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AVL North America.

Interview

1 phone interview-Asked everything about my resume. That's it!