AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

It was very cordial, and took place in an office setting. The interview was between myself, and two individuals of varying experience levels within the company. They were very inviting, and helped to get the interview started in a very positive direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, take about three to four minutes to do so.   Answer Question
  • What would you consider to be a difficult obstacle that you have recently overcome, and what did you learn from that process?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went to my University's career fair and approached the recruiter working the booth for AXA advisors. Within one minute of talking to him, I was offered an interview for the next Monday. The interview process was mostly them talking up the company and how great of a place it is to work. The problem was that once I realized it was a commission based company, I lost most of my interest in working at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is pretty simple. I was contacted after meeting someone from AXA at my school's career fair. I was called in for an in person interview at their office and they basically described the company and what working there would look like. They didn't ask too much about myself, rather they wanted you to know more about them and if this was something you could see yourself doing. Overall, I think that the interview was pretty laid back and not something you need to worry too much about, its very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was approached during a career fair at my university and was later asked to attend an in person interview on campus. This company is extremely misleading in its practices; they make it sound like you will be a financial advisor assisting in the management of client assets. However it is honestly just another insurance salesman job based purely on commission with terrible compensation. I was told at the career fair that I would be compensating for receiving my licenses but by the second interview was told I would have to front the payment of my licensing as well as lease an office space to conduct my business... Not at all what I was told. This company does not conduct traditional interviews; they take this time to begin training you on their practices given their high turnover rate. I don’t recommend students to have any business with this company and I advice colleges and universities to no longer allow companies like AXA to prey on its students. After I was told that the starting salary of this company was bellow 24k annually I advised the interviewer that I no longer was interested. After which I received two emails requesting me to recommend some of my fellow students… eerily similar to a pyramid scheme… if you are a newly graduated student with little to no options, seek an employer which will take the time to get to know you and offer guidance not get you involved in a dying industry for their own personal gain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview, just asked about myself and gave a brief explanation of the role. Set up a second interview in their office in NY for the next week. Once again, it was just basic questions about if I was a fit for the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very short phone interview. Interviewer seemed not to care and was somewhat rude. Maybe he was busy but he didn't even know at first that I was calling for the interview. Did not get another call after.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is on the phone with a current employee who spends time genuinely getting to know you, explaining the process of applying for a job, and then giving you information about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Multiple interviews, fairly relaxed and conversational. Nothing too intimidating, just showcase an energetic and professional personality and you will be fine. Met two times, be sure to prepare a lot of questions before hand, there is a lot of time to have your questions answered and having more questions indicates commitment

Interview Questions

• What ways can you think of for generating new clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

You need to apply online first and then get picked for the first round, the whole interview will be 3 rounds. Interviewer would tell you some background of the company and position. You also have to answer a few behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I started through a recruiter, watched an online presentation laying out the introductory information. I was asked to contact the recruiter after the presentation if I still had interest. Went through the interview process which consisted of 3 interviews, each about an hour and a half to two hours. Grueling but very informative and I learned a lot from the interviewer which is more than I can say for some other companies I have been applying to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed to complete a goal or task, and what did you learn?   Answer Question