AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.3

259 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Arlington, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was easy, behavioral, conversational. The man that interviewed me was very rigid; didn’t smile once. He mumbled and struggled to Make eye contact except for when he was talking about his own fortunes and money. This was offputting. This job is 100% commission based and you are required to build your territory from nothing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbia, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

The first step in interviewing was a phone call. The hiring manager was 10 minutes late, so the first two calls I placed went to voicemail. When the call did go through, it was a pleasant conversation but it was an overwhelming amount of information. The few questions I was asked felt like trick questions simply because AXA does things differently than more mainstream firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview lasted 20 minutes and the questions were fairly typical. I spoke to the VP of the retirement benefits group and a majority of questions were behavorial in nature.

Interview Questions

• If you attended the Virtual Career Openhouse, what stood out to you?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Casual and conversational. Mainly asked about desire to be in the role and what it would take to do succeed. I did not really want to be a financial analyst so i did not continue with process

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through LinkedIn and asked for a short phone interview where I learned more about the company. Then was invited in for 3 in-person interviews, at the final interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a financial advisor? What qualities do you have that will help you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Richmond, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was fairly simple and straight forward. I met with the team leader of the division and chatted about myself and why I was there and formed a great connection. It was a relaxed setting and highly conversational style. I was able to lead most of the conversation and ask many questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. Took less than a month with three separate stages. First 2 were phone interviews, last one was in person. Cool company, great locations, nice offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked well in teams?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Clifton Park, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from the VP in Clifton Park, NY then set up a time to meet the week after. Went to the office and sat down and talked about the position in depth.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2017.

Interview

Very short phone call. Mostly preliminary. Requires one to be very driven considering it is a commission based job. Looking for personality more than expertise. Interviewer was a very personable person looking for energy during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

This interview was a joke. The interviewer really didn't care about me- just wanted to make sure I could participate in the pyramid scheme. If you went to school for finance don't embarrass yourself with this garbage. Trust me on this, your friends right out of college don't want to buy insurance from you at all

Interview Questions

• Could you walk me through what a financial advisor does?   Answer Question