AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was approached during a career fair at my university and was later asked to attend an in person interview on campus. This company is extremely misleading in its practices; they make it sound like you will be a financial advisor assisting in the management of client assets. However it is honestly just another insurance salesman job based purely on commission with terrible compensation. I was told at the career fair that I would be compensating for receiving my licenses but by the second interview was told I would have to front the payment of my licensing as well as lease an office space to conduct my business... Not at all what I was told. This company does not conduct traditional interviews; they take this time to begin training you on their practices given their high turnover rate. I don’t recommend students to have any business with this company and I advice colleges and universities to no longer allow companies like AXA to prey on its students. After I was told that the starting salary of this company was bellow 24k annually I advised the interviewer that I no longer was interested. After which I received two emails requesting me to recommend some of my fellow students… eerily similar to a pyramid scheme… if you are a newly graduated student with little to no options, seek an employer which will take the time to get to know you and offer guidance not get you involved in a dying industry for their own personal gain.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview, just asked about myself and gave a brief explanation of the role. Set up a second interview in their office in NY for the next week. Once again, it was just basic questions about if I was a fit for the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very short phone interview. Interviewer seemed not to care and was somewhat rude. Maybe he was busy but he didn't even know at first that I was calling for the interview. Did not get another call after.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is on the phone with a current employee who spends time genuinely getting to know you, explaining the process of applying for a job, and then giving you information about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Multiple interviews, fairly relaxed and conversational. Nothing too intimidating, just showcase an energetic and professional personality and you will be fine. Met two times, be sure to prepare a lot of questions before hand, there is a lot of time to have your questions answered and having more questions indicates commitment

Interview Questions

• What ways can you think of for generating new clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

You need to apply online first and then get picked for the first round, the whole interview will be 3 rounds. Interviewer would tell you some background of the company and position. You also have to answer a few behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I started through a recruiter, watched an online presentation laying out the introductory information. I was asked to contact the recruiter after the presentation if I still had interest. Went through the interview process which consisted of 3 interviews, each about an hour and a half to two hours. Grueling but very informative and I learned a lot from the interviewer which is more than I can say for some other companies I have been applying to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed to complete a goal or task, and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a phone interview and then I was brought into the office for a first round interview. I received a call shortly after the interview asking to come back in for a second round. Second round was with two of the managers and was an easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

During the first interview, the interviewer gives me an explanation about the company and what I would be doing. He kept telling me that this is the kind of job that pays a lot of money. He then asked me a few questions about what I do with my time and why I would like to work as a financial advisor. Then, he tells me that I would have to study for an insurance license exam and apply for the license to be able to start in a pre-contract with them. He assured me that the company was going to reimburse me for any expenses once I started working. The cost for the exam and the education materials came out to about $300. They gave a couple weeks to study and gave me one more interview and made me meet with some financial advisers for me to learn more about the company and what they do. Once I passed the test and received my license, they called me to sign the pre-contract. Up until this point, I thought that once I started working I would be reimbursed. Instead, they ask me for a $510 check to pay for the Series 7 Exam. They did mention I would have to study for the Series 7 and Series 63 or 66. It was at this point, after asking about when I would get reimbursed for these expenses that they tell me that reimbursement is only given if I pass a selling quota that, from what I've read, most people don't pass. If I did pass this quota, the reimbursement would be given to me 9 months after having worked. If I didn't pass, I would be laid off. Also, after further questioning, they told me that the expenses that I would incur at the beginning would be about $2,000 for licenses and $500 just to use a desk. Not to mention that I wouldn't be covered for parking or any related business expenses. So, I decided to not sign the pre-contract agreement because I'm already in debt. In the end, I ended up with a couple of weeks of studying countless hours and $300 spent for a license I may never use because I was misled as to the process up until the point when I actually was going to sign for a pre-contract agreement.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your spare time?
      How would you go about finding clients?
      What attracts you about financial advising?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

3 rounds and did not seem super intense until last round. The first two rounds were one on one interviews and then the last time was with the same guy plus the manager of the office who came off as pretty stuck up. Overall I did not think the process was very intense and required little knowledge based questions over anything they asked you!

Interview Questions

• If car runs out of gas 50 miles from any city and all you have is a lighter, string and cell phone with 1 minute of battery what do you do?   Answer Question