AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy apply online, they always on indeed which is why the turnover rate is so high. The entire job offer is a huge waste of time. This is the worst job interview I had ever experienced in my damn life. (only my New York life interview was more of a waste of time than this).

Don't waste your time like I did. All scam you are paid by commission only. no base salary even tho it said you get a monthly salary of 2K.

first of all you pay for your exams ( at least NYI pays for your test) . Also you pay to be there NOT get paid. its $700 to be at your NYC cubicle a month. also you have to buy their crappy laptop.

This is coming from someone who has her damn time wasted and hit on by the perverted interviewer. actually the guy at the front desk was more perverted.

Interview Questions

• nothing i was asked about my hair and what shampoo i used   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

Process took roughly 2 months, the interview process is pretty easy, but the position is not for everyone and some of their locations are likely a lot better to work at than others.

Interview Questions

• 89% fail at this position, what makes you think you will succeed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through phone screening interviews, and was asked to come into the office for an interview. Throughout the phone interviews, I was told that this position was not just a job to try for fun, but to be taken seriously and strive. Then for the face-to-face interview, I was asked to prepare a business/marketing plan about the clients that I would reach out to.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to present them with a business/marketing plan   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

I was a part of their "AXA Next" program at my university which described the industry and what I would be doing as a financial advisor for AXA. After completing the program I applied online and was contacted about an interview within a couple of days. The first interview was a basic phone screen with the manager asking about myself and why I wanted to join the industry and why they should hire me over anyone else. The second interview was with the same manager over the phone and computer going over the specifics regarding compensation, what my job duties would be, and a summary of the benefits they offer, etc. The third interview was with a panel of 3 people asking me again about myself, why I wanted to be a financial advisor, and why I wanted to work for AXA.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over anyone else in the interview process as well   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

It was very cordial, and took place in an office setting. The interview was between myself, and two individuals of varying experience levels within the company. They were very inviting, and helped to get the interview started in a very positive direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, take about three to four minutes to do so.   Answer Question
    • What would you consider to be a difficult obstacle that you have recently overcome, and what did you learn from that process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went to my University's career fair and approached the recruiter working the booth for AXA advisors. Within one minute of talking to him, I was offered an interview for the next Monday. The interview process was mostly them talking up the company and how great of a place it is to work. The problem was that once I realized it was a commission based company, I lost most of my interest in working at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is pretty simple. I was contacted after meeting someone from AXA at my school's career fair. I was called in for an in person interview at their office and they basically described the company and what working there would look like. They didn't ask too much about myself, rather they wanted you to know more about them and if this was something you could see yourself doing. Overall, I think that the interview was pretty laid back and not something you need to worry too much about, its very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbia, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met the company at my college career fair. A week or two after we met I received a call that they wanted to schedule an interview. They have a three round interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you obtain a client list?
      Are you a people person?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was unorthodox because we started talking about salaries, compensation, and bonuses in my second interview, so that was definitely different. Apparently, he had not read my application and even asked me if I had applied for the position during the second interview. The third and last interview was over the phone which was different since the second interview was in person. Overall, it was a different interview process and for a moment I felt I was in the movie the Wolf of Wall Street.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first round was some information about the job and questions to determine whether you really want to go for it. They would also give you some paper to prepare and present in the second round interview. The second round interview was a presentation of the paper you got at the end of the first round. The third round was basically a culture fit and background check. About one week after the last interview, I received a phone call that told me I was clear on my background check and I should prepare some fee for the licensing.