AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I started through a recruiter, watched an online presentation laying out the introductory information. I was asked to contact the recruiter after the presentation if I still had interest. Went through the interview process which consisted of 3 interviews, each about an hour and a half to two hours. Grueling but very informative and I learned a lot from the interviewer which is more than I can say for some other companies I have been applying to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed to complete a goal or task, and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in interview process with phone interviews and in office interviews. Each step is a way of weeding out potential candidates with the last interview being between two candidates

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had to meet with someone new?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX).

Interview

In the first interview it was very short and it was a background of the company and of the person interviewing me (which ended up being my manager and mentor) there was a background check. The second interview was more detailed and about the career itself as well as all the benefits. they do a seminar now which i have heard very positive things about. and the third interview we went over more details and the job was offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

4 interview process. 1st. get to know you. 2nd. benefits, training, on-boarding. 3rd. meet with team members. 4th. final w/ Sr. VP. Best part was meeting with the other team members, both new and experienced. I also like that the leadership also was working with a client base so I was able to see myself working with them to serve clients.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. Very open about how the process works and what the next steps would be. Being able to see the office setting was also a huge plus.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then I did two in-person meetings. After the first in-person interview, they asked me to write out a short business plan describing where I will find clients and how I plan to become successful in this role. After this, I met with my future manager as well as his manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some markets that you can tap into to find prospects?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview

Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Questions

• The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

Interview

The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was unorthodox because we started talking about salaries, compensation, and bonuses in my second interview, so that was definitely different. Apparently, he had not read my application and even asked me if I had applied for the position during the second interview. The third and last interview was over the phone which was different since the second interview was in person. Overall, it was a different interview process and for a moment I felt I was in the movie the Wolf of Wall Street.