AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview, just asked about myself and gave a brief explanation of the role. Set up a second interview in their office in NY for the next week. Once again, it was just basic questions about if I was a fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2017.

Interview

Went through a 3 step interview process. The first step was all about getting to know one another. I was asked basic questions about myself including a few situational questions. Step 2 involved more situation questions and an overview of what the job entailed. Step 3 involved creating a business plan which isn't hard to do. Make sure you have a financial advisor to speak to about developing this plan to make it easy. I went over the business plan with my interviewer and a few days later was offered the job. Things to note before interviewing with this company: You will pay for part of your licensing exams unlike other companies, there are a lot of costs to get into the business including paying for stationary, and you have a lot of control over your practice.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very short phone interview. Interviewer seemed not to care and was somewhat rude. Maybe he was busy but he didn't even know at first that I was calling for the interview. Did not get another call after.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Very formal and easy interview. They just want to get to know you while letting you ask most of the questions and get a better feel for the work place.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to help people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is on the phone with a current employee who spends time genuinely getting to know you, explaining the process of applying for a job, and then giving you information about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Multiple interviews, fairly relaxed and conversational. Nothing too intimidating, just showcase an energetic and professional personality and you will be fine. Met two times, be sure to prepare a lot of questions before hand, there is a lot of time to have your questions answered and having more questions indicates commitment

Interview Questions

• What ways can you think of for generating new clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

You need to apply online first and then get picked for the first round, the whole interview will be 3 rounds. Interviewer would tell you some background of the company and position. You also have to answer a few behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I started through a recruiter, watched an online presentation laying out the introductory information. I was asked to contact the recruiter after the presentation if I still had interest. Went through the interview process which consisted of 3 interviews, each about an hour and a half to two hours. Grueling but very informative and I learned a lot from the interviewer which is more than I can say for some other companies I have been applying to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed to complete a goal or task, and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a phone interview and then I was brought into the office for a first round interview. I received a call shortly after the interview asking to come back in for a second round. Second round was with two of the managers and was an easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

During the first interview, the interviewer gives me an explanation about the company and what I would be doing. He kept telling me that this is the kind of job that pays a lot of money. He then asked me a few questions about what I do with my time and why I would like to work as a financial advisor. Then, he tells me that I would have to study for an insurance license exam and apply for the license to be able to start in a pre-contract with them. He assured me that the company was going to reimburse me for any expenses once I started working. The cost for the exam and the education materials came out to about $300. They gave a couple weeks to study and gave me one more interview and made me meet with some financial advisers for me to learn more about the company and what they do. Once I passed the test and received my license, they called me to sign the pre-contract. Up until this point, I thought that once I started working I would be reimbursed. Instead, they ask me for a $510 check to pay for the Series 7 Exam. They did mention I would have to study for the Series 7 and Series 63 or 66. It was at this point, after asking about when I would get reimbursed for these expenses that they tell me that reimbursement is only given if I pass a selling quota that, from what I've read, most people don't pass. If I did pass this quota, the reimbursement would be given to me 9 months after having worked. If I didn't pass, I would be laid off. Also, after further questioning, they told me that the expenses that I would incur at the beginning would be about $2,000 for licenses and $500 just to use a desk. Not to mention that I wouldn't be covered for parking or any related business expenses. So, I decided to not sign the pre-contract agreement because I'm already in debt. In the end, I ended up with a couple of weeks of studying countless hours and $300 spent for a license I may never use because I was misled as to the process up until the point when I actually was going to sign for a pre-contract agreement.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your spare time?
      How would you go about finding clients?
      What attracts you about financial advising?
      Answer Question