AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in interview process with phone interviews and in office interviews. Each step is a way of weeding out potential candidates with the last interview being between two candidates

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had to meet with someone new?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical of what one would expect to see for this type of job. There was a phone screening. Then the prospective agent is sent the typical insurance sales aptitude test. Then the agent met with the hiring manager and had to pass a timed test. Then if everything is fine, they join the new team.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I meet the recruiter at school career fair and get a phone call to set up a phone interview a week late. And I am asked about several behavior questions.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Phone call screen first. About a week, the first 1:1 interview with basic questions for sales job, e.g. why do you want to be in sales? Why do you want to be a financial advisor? Then second interview with branch managers, then mainly explaining the job and the training program. Third interview followed in one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I am looking to renter the workforce and I attended a seminar for people looking to return to work. I contacted one of the speakers to ask about contacts for jobs in my area. She gave me the name of someone in my area. I then reached out directly to him and was able to set up an informational interview. There was a specific job opening but I was also going to learn about the company and opportunities there in general.

Interview Questions

• We had a good talk and since I am looking to return to the workforce after a gap, I have several jobs and positions so going through my history took some time. I wasn't sure that the job that was open would be a good fit but he also described some other positions that might be possibilities for me.

He asked me what job or position I have had did I like best and which one did I dislike the most. I liked this question because it made me think about the various jobs I have had and what was it that I really liked. I described the job I liked best and what I liked about it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Four part interview process, first interview was just to get to know me. Second interview went over the role of a financial advisor. Third interview was more in depth. Fourth interview went over salary and pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Boise, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview with them. The phone interview went well initially, until i was told what this position entailed. There is nothing about this position which deals with financial advice. You will be selling life insurance, and they will expect you to see to your friends and family first the exact words were "well wouldn't you want the people you love to be protected? and who better to sell to them than you!" That is not at all how the position was originally presented and was very disappointing.

Following this interview I decided that no matter how much i needed a job, I did not want this one. That's when the phone calls started. I was getting a call every few days and they would not stop. Any company that is that desperate is doing something wrong. In addition to that the turnover rate is ridiculous.

Steer clear of this company!!

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to start selling to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very easy process. Did a phone interview, then came into their office for a panel interview with a current financial advisor with the company and a regional VP. After the previous two interviews, I was invited for a third interview which was basically the company convincing me why their company is a great place to start a financial advisor career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Keeps sending me emails asking me to apply. He found my resume somewhere and would not take no for an answer. I think these guys are just looking for anyone to work for them commission ony to see if they work out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbridge, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial consultation with follow-up telephone if the interview process is to be continued. I did not apply for the position, the recruiter saw something in my resume and contacted me. The recruiter used the proper method for finding the proverbial "diamond in the rough." All to often, HR departments let the computer do their thinking for them, instead of using their "little gray cells." I used Glassdoor as part of my company research.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie? Questions were directed towards prior work experience.   Answer Question