AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.3

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Melville, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

3 interviews, all three with the same people, a partner in the company and the person who you'd be working under. They don't tell you until the third interview, but you will need to develop your own client base. They ask you to bring in a list of 300 possible people and want a success rate of 10% of those individuals being your clients.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask questions, just explained what the company was about, and the responsibilities once hired.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in interview process with phone interviews and in office interviews. Each step is a way of weeding out potential candidates with the last interview being between two candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical of what one would expect to see for this type of job. There was a phone screening. Then the prospective agent is sent the typical insurance sales aptitude test. Then the agent met with the hiring manager and had to pass a timed test. Then if everything is fine, they join the new team.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview with district and branch VPs. Meet with the district VP a couple times, then had a phone call with the Branch VP. Interview was primarily focused on whether one is a "people person" and who do you know that you'd approach for sales.

Interview Questions

• Describe your natural market.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I meet the recruiter at school career fair and get a phone call to set up a phone interview a week late. And I am asked about several behavior questions.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Phone call screen first. About a week, the first 1:1 interview with basic questions for sales job, e.g. why do you want to be in sales? Why do you want to be a financial advisor? Then second interview with branch managers, then mainly explaining the job and the training program. Third interview followed in one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I am looking to renter the workforce and I attended a seminar for people looking to return to work. I contacted one of the speakers to ask about contacts for jobs in my area. She gave me the name of someone in my area. I then reached out directly to him and was able to set up an informational interview. There was a specific job opening but I was also going to learn about the company and opportunities there in general.

Interview Questions

• We had a good talk and since I am looking to return to the workforce after a gap, I have several jobs and positions so going through my history took some time. I wasn't sure that the job that was open would be a good fit but he also described some other positions that might be possibilities for me.

He asked me what job or position I have had did I like best and which one did I dislike the most. I liked this question because it made me think about the various jobs I have had and what was it that I really liked. I described the job I liked best and what I liked about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Four part interview process, first interview was just to get to know me. Second interview went over the role of a financial advisor. Third interview was more in depth. Fourth interview went over salary and pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Boise, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview with them. The phone interview went well initially, until i was told what this position entailed. There is nothing about this position which deals with financial advice. You will be selling life insurance, and they will expect you to see to your friends and family first the exact words were "well wouldn't you want the people you love to be protected? and who better to sell to them than you!" That is not at all how the position was originally presented and was very disappointing.

Following this interview I decided that no matter how much i needed a job, I did not want this one. That's when the phone calls started. I was getting a call every few days and they would not stop. Any company that is that desperate is doing something wrong. In addition to that the turnover rate is ridiculous.

Steer clear of this company!!

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to start selling to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very easy process. Did a phone interview, then came into their office for a panel interview with a current financial advisor with the company and a regional VP. After the previous two interviews, I was invited for a third interview which was basically the company convincing me why their company is a great place to start a financial advisor career.