AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

Horrible!!!!! The interviewer was very very rude from the second he answered the phone, it was impossible to say anything. I havr never had such an uncomfortable interview in my life. Needless to say, I will not be applying for a position with this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Three step interview: phone screening to determine applicant frame of mind and personality red flags; one on one interview with 5 minute verbal presentation test to check current ability and coachability; and screening by other consultants and partner to determine culture fit.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

4 interview process over 2-3 weeks. Very thorough, explain the process and what to expect. Spoke to multiple people from different levels in the business. I could tell the screening process was no joke and they were particular of what kind of person they wanted to bring on board. Very diverse work environment. People from all ethnic backgrounds. Everyone I spoke to was very polite and candid in what to expect throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a financial advisor?
      Have I been in a leadership position before?
      Why should we pick you instead of all these other people we are interviewing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions

• Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They want you to develop a specific business plan and approach to a target customer base. You must present this in a clear and concise manner. Its all about efficiency

Interview Questions

• How would you get an interview with someone whom doesn't need/want a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Vestal, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a first round interview invitation through campus career job site. Went to an on-site interview then a virtual interview with two managers. The process took about 3 weeks to complete. However I lost the interest in this position because it's essentially a sales job that consists a large amount of cold calling and knocking on doors. After a period of time you have to pay for your own cubical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in the San Fransisco office and had a difficult time finding parking as expected. The building is in the heart of the financial district. The interview process felt super professional. Went in and I let the desk lady know I arrived and had to wait 10 minutes for the VP to arrive. He asked me about my current experience and informed me more about the job.

Interview Questions

• What is going to keep you at work after 5pm if needed?
      Tell me more about yourself?
      What have you you done so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume, and received a call in a day to arrange an interview.
    Arranged a meeting with a senior executive located in the Koreatown.
    Since I did not have an enthusiasm toward sales, I wasn't offered the position.
    It appears very important to show that you are willing to do anything as a consultant.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

It was a phone interview arranged twice through email. For the first arrangement, the interviewer thought I was going into the office in person even though they email me saying it will be a phone interview. For the second interview, they wrote down the wrong phone number so I emailed back correcting them.
    The interviewer sounds impatient and aggressive. I was feeling uncomfortable. The interview ended earlier than 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• What other positions have you applied for? With that being said why do want to apply for this position?   Answer Question