AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.6

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

They had a very quick hiring process. The interview was very brief and they asked many of the basic questions that you would expect to hear in an interview for this job. The man interviewing me was very respectful and he was also helpful in explaining what was needed for this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you financially prepared to go six months without a paycheck?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Got a call the day after I submitted a resume through my university portal. The woman on the phone was very pleasant, and scheduled an interview for me. I showed up on the day of the interview about 15 minutes early - waited for about an hour. The interviewing manager never showed up, and the secretary didn't know where he was. I thought about reaching out to them afterwards to reschedule, but then I thought to myself, "do I even want to interview for a company like this" ? Needless to say, I never heard a thing from them since. High unprofessional conduct.

Interview Questions

• Can't say, my hiring manager never made it to the appointment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I think I had two interviews. They took place over a two month period. There isn't much to plan for in regards to the interview. The process is really about them convincing you to get on board. They throw out a lot of baseless salary figures that attempt to get you drawn in. However, in the first 2 years these are unattainable. Ask for an average or a figure for the first two years and you will get "There's no limit or average, and that's the best part." That's the interviewer saying you will make right around $24,000 your first year of being on contract.

They talk about a salary that will help keep you afloat during the tough times at the beginning. They lightly mention that you have to attain 3,000 production credits or commission dollars and 15 contracts as I was in the RBG division. This is not a problem assuming you have friends and family in the teaching profession. For someone without a network, it can be quite difficult especially for someone moving from out of state to take this position.

They fail to mention that once the production threshold is attained you are at the discretion of your Manager to actually put you on contract. So depending on whether or not he met his new hire quota for the year he will "allow" you to go on contract. This will not be disclosed to you. Some have to wait a full six months to go on contract depending on when they passed their Series 7 Exam, even if your 3,000 PC 15 app requirement is met. For example, if you passed the series 7 in July and your manager has met his new hire quota, then he will want you to wait until January of the next year. Ask for a contract date in writing contigent on meeting your goal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussion about the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbia, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Four interview process:
    1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
    They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
    Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
    Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Bellevue, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They try hard to get you to take it.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy by interview process standards. Applied. Got an interview with the office president. They are looking for hungry people regardless of age that are good with people. They'll teach you the rest. Interview was about an hour, basic questions (tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years), got an initial offer. Came back for a second interview with the president and my would be manager. They do another first interview with your manager mostly asking questions. Got an offer. Super easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are your career aspirations?
      How big is your natural market?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was called and we spoke over the phone informing me about the role. It was relatively easy. They described the position as an "interview process". The phone call lasted no longer than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2007.

Interview

It was a very easy interview and they are looking for anyone that can sell. I took the offer but was not happy with the money so I left. Make sure you read the contracts carefully and definetly to your due dilegence on any other facts and figures you are shown. Overall it is a difficult industry to make it in but I guess if you're in to that sort of stuff you may make it.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you have been in a difficult situation and seen your way out.   Answer Question