AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.3

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process seems to very from branch to branch. I interviewed for the Philadelphia area. The interview process itself was thorough and informative. But misleading. They make it seem like you will be making a lot of money but the base salary is something you would not even be able to live off of. There is potential for much more income, but that is after you struggle for a long time. They also wanted me to pay to get my licenses transferred and pay an appointment fee (?) which seems absolutely ridiculous. There is no health care coverage until after you bring in $5,000 or something along those lines. You don't get any pay until you pass your licenses and bring in that money. And you have to pay for your own licensing on top of that, which they say you will be "reimbursed" for later on. Naturally I declined because this is not a situation where you can thrive.

Two weeks later I receive a LinkedIn message from a recruiter on behalf of the president (whom I had one interview with) from the same branch asking if I was interested in the same position I declined. It was a different person than I interviewed with originally and the email was clear that this was as if they were contacting me for the first time. Are they this disorganized that they cannot communicate to each other who was interviewed already or they cannot recall who they interviewed just two weeks ago? I was completely shocked by this.
Just be aware of what this company is pulling you into if you choose to go with them.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: Why Axa? What motivates you? Etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Interview seemed challenging and rewarding. I'm so disappointed with the outcome that all I would like to say is that I feel as though it was a sales pitch that I was not used to and succumbed to.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Two interviews, one over the phone and one in the office. Both very informative and casual. They are very convincing and make the opportunity seem like more than it is.

Interview Questions

Seemed like a scam. I was going to have to sell insurance to my family and friends

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Troy, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward, first phone call to get you set up for the phone interview, then they did that to screen you, after that i went in the office for a one on one with the recruiter i was speaking with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is quite lengthy and literally takes months at best. There are multiple interviews with hiring manager and testing for the series 7 as well as 63/65 and 66. If you are willing to pay for all your licensure completely out of pocket up front with the hopes of getting an offer to contract, this is for you.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with No as the the answer to your pitch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

***This company is a scam!***
    Met with an advisor that explained the program to me. He explained why they were better than their competitors and why I would be a great fit. Seemed like a great opportunity.
    Second interview, I met with another advisor that actually told me the truth about the program and pay structure. I was given an offer that was completely opposite of what we discussed in the first meeting.
    This is a SCAM. They hire a ton of college kids, make you feel special, and throw you in there to sell to your teachers, friends, family, etc. They offer no paid training. I would've had to pay for all of my licensing on my own. Basically, they hire a ton of kids to work solely on commission and when you don't meet their sales quotas they cut you loose and keep your clients. This is essentially a pyramid scheme and a huge scam. They don't want you to succeed! You are free labor and provide them free clients!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They just talked about what the job entailed, did not really ask me much about myself, it was strictly them selling me on AXA rather than me selling them on myself.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They really take their time to vet candidates. The interview is in 5 stages. Everything from a one on one phone discussion to panel interview with senior management. Compared to other firms I interviewed with, AXA was the only one that was truly trying to determine in they wanted to make an investment in me. They were not chomping at the bits to add another advisor to their production sheets. They only want quality standouts. Very in-depth interview process!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how many people in this industry make it past their 4th year?   Answer Question
    • Do you know who AXA is what they do around the globe?   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to make in a job like this 1st year, 5th year..25 years?   Answer Question
    • What value would you bring to a firm like ours?   Answer Question
    • How would you plan on building a practice?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interviewing with us today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Falls Church, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted to arrange a time to come in for an interview. The structure of the interview was quite casual - it was a chance to learn more about the company, the licensing process, the training process, etc. My interviewer was very informative and reassuring.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the more formative experiences you had in university?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews - the first one was over the phone and the last two were in person at their office. Very welcoming environment. I knew about Axa because a colleague interned there the summer before and then accepted for a full-time position. I had no idea how recognized this company was until after I was offered a job as they were ranked number 3 as one of the world's largest insurers on Forbes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you have what it takes to become a financial planner?   Answer Question