AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.3

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is quite lengthy and literally takes months at best. There are multiple interviews with hiring manager and testing for the series 7 as well as 63/65 and 66. If you are willing to pay for all your licensure completely out of pocket up front with the hopes of getting an offer to contract, this is for you.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with No as the the answer to your pitch?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They really take their time to vet candidates. The interview is in 5 stages. Everything from a one on one phone discussion to panel interview with senior management. Compared to other firms I interviewed with, AXA was the only one that was truly trying to determine in they wanted to make an investment in me. They were not chomping at the bits to add another advisor to their production sheets. They only want quality standouts. Very in-depth interview process!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how many people in this industry make it past their 4th year?   Answer Question
    • Do you know who AXA is what they do around the globe?   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to make in a job like this 1st year, 5th year..25 years?   Answer Question
    • What value would you bring to a firm like ours?   Answer Question
    • How would you plan on building a practice?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interviewing with us today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had 2 interviews, both being a phone call. The first one was a ver short 10 min phone interview asking about how I heard about the company and if I knew what they did. After that they filled me in on the company and the different roles they had. The second one was with a manager and was more oriented around my skills. It was also fairly short and lasted about 15 minutes. The manager seemed in a rush to get all the questions answered.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went in for an interview and went over what the company was about. Afterwards, we did the background check and then a follow-up conversation about compensation (inaccurate from reality)

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience benefit you in being successful in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was standard. Formal emails, phone interview then in person interview. I met with Axa representatives at my college job fair and received an email a few days later for a phone interview. We set up a time and date to meet in person.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a long phone interview with the person who would be your overseeing manager. I was asked some fairly tough questions and it seemed like this was really the part of the process in which they want to get to know you best. One thing I loved about interviewing with AXA was that my manager promised to call me within two business days to let me know whether or not I would be moving along in the interview process and why or why not. The second interview was in person at the AXA office with the same overseeing manager but was fairly relaxed, it seemed like this stage was more for you to understand the very specific nature of the job and to ensure that you know what you are getting into. After the interview, I was shown around the office and introduced to the majority of the people I would be working with and was able to ask a few questions. Within two business days the manager had called me and asked me how I was feeling about everything, then invited me to a final interview. The final interview was at the AXA office with one of the local branch's founders and the same overseeing manager. I was told this interview was more about culture fit than anything else as this particular branch really prides itself on setting themselves apart from the stereotypes of this industry and emerging as an ethical leader. They are looking for hard-working people who share their values, you will learn everything specific to the job through the licensing and training process. Finally, the overseeing manager will call you within two business days to let you know if they are extending an offer and why or why not. You have two weeks to decide whether or not to accept, but I can tell you that they expect to hear back within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• "We're interviewing over 50 candidates for 2 available positions. Why should it be you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Two interviews with both being an hour and fifteen minutes long. One interview was getting to know me while the second interview was the specifics of the job. The questions were not too difficult to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews - the first one was over the phone and the last two were in person at their office. Very welcoming environment. I knew about Axa because a colleague interned there the summer before and then accepted for a full-time position. I had no idea how recognized this company was until after I was offered a job as they were ranked number 3 as one of the world's largest insurers on Forbes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you have what it takes to become a financial planner?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Interview seemed challenging and rewarding. I'm so disappointed with the outcome that all I would like to say is that I feel as though it was a sales pitch that I was not used to and succumbed to.