AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.3

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Want to know your background and see where you come from. Then get a full understanding of experience gained. Remember they are sales professionals still, so they will try to sell you on AXA. The people I met with were very nice and seem like they like the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Chandler, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

After an informal interview, you do a personality test and some other basic paperwork.
    If it's for commission sales, they are so desperate they will hire pretty much anyone. It helps if you have a history of fraud and corruption.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls from the interviewer. Again, they want as many hires as possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are given an offer from this company, run the other way. Do not take it!

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Meet with District Manager who will regale you with the income potential and the joys of running your own practice. VP of branch will brag about the retention percentages of their associates after 4 years being the best in the industry. You should ask what the 1 and 2 years success rates are :)

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations...no salary!

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Pretty easy overall. You'll talk to several interviewers. No hard questions. Be easygoing, seem trustworthy. The most important two factors they are looking for is your number and quality of connections, and your attitude/never give up/etc. Know what this company does. Pretty much, sell financial planning. Basic financial knowledge required.

Interview Questions

• Who are you going to contact initially for your first few sales? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied to RBG through my school's online job board. One phone interview and one in person interview. There was a battery of personality tests. The reviewer was professional but in my opinion not totally straightforward about the nature of the company. It's really an insurance company more than a financial planning company. In RBG I was told that I would be going to schools in the morning afternoon and night trying to sign people up for the employer sponsored retirement plan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a financial advisor?
      What experience do you have that would help to prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not pay a salary so there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

This is a three interview process. The third interview is just an acceptance interview. You are hired by another financial advisor who has formed a team (he is considered a VP). The Branch Manager meets with you in the 3rd meeting. Must obtain Series 7, Life and Health before beginning to work.

Interview Questions

• Goals, Expectations, Ability to work with clients, Personal Appearance   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very easy and simple interview questions. Be aware: on the interview you will not get the real picture of your compensation and training.
    Now I wish I would never engaged in this gamble and never accepted this position.
    Besides, something on the management level does not work in their hiring process: I was receiving phone calls and e-mails to apply for a Financial Advisor position at the time when I was on the pre-employment agreement with AXA (a few months after my initial interview).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process: I introduce myself, the manager described the position and process. After that I was told to come back to start paperwork when I pass one of three exams. That was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was an interesting experience. I had read reviews on glassdoor prior to the interview and was apprehensive as to what my interviewer was saying. The job isn't a scam, there is room for growth if you're the seller type that's okay with asking everyone you know if they want life insurance. I wasn't crazy about selling insurance to family and friends, so I chose to decline the position.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The process was very informative, and I left each of the three in-person interviews with a greater understanding of the position that I was pursuing. The up-front cost to work at AXA Advisors was a bit daunting, as I see other advising firms pay the employee during and for the licensing. AXA does not do either.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember them asking me specific 'interview' questions, rather it was just a dialogue of the position and what a day in the life of a financial professional at AXA Advisors looks like.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The interview is going to be spent mostly convincing you how wonderful the job, firm and opportunity is. First is a phone screen, 2.) is the in person with a manager, 3.) another meeting with the manager and two younger advisors who have been recently hired. The last interview goes over comp and the benefits package. If you genuinely show some enthusiasm about the benefits package, you will get the offer promptly afterwards.