AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was at a college career fair that I applied to through my university. It was very conversational and relaxed. The interviewer just wanted to get to know who I am as a person and what drives me. After the interview I was told they would be in contact to get me in for a second interview on site. Didn't hear back for a few weeks to find out I didn't get the second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview wasn't necessarily laid back but more of a conversation to get to know each other and understand if it is a job you would like to get into as well as showing the employer you would be up to it as well. Waiting for future interviews to come soon.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

4 rounds, meeting with manager, they make it confusing to keep you interested and not realize it's a scam. TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND DO NOT TRUST THEM. Dont get excited because it's a first job or seems lucrative.

Interview Questions

• literally nothing, it was just them talking about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX).

Interview

in person interview, good experience. relaxing and mostly general and behavioral questions. introduced a little bit about the company and the job position, very informative. gave me more information to take a look at, overall relaxing conversational interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by branch manager, did 2 phone interviews and 1 interview in person.Phone interviews consisted of about 60% covering company background and RBG business model. The other 40% was a variety of personal questions and relationship building. During the in person interview we went over the same information as well as meeting team members during their weekly meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, very in depth interviews. They give you the opportunity to talk to current advisors and ask a lot of questions. AXA's interview process gives a lot of insight on the career and is a good time to learn more about the career and more about the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Cranberry, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. I talked to a manager at the firm. He wanted to know why I was interested in the profession and what kind of related experience I had to contribute to the company.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, and then got a call from their branch. The first call was pretty casual and some promotional material for AXA, and the questions were unexpected, especially if you didn't read these postings, and I was stumbling with them, however they still asked me to apply through the link they sent (which means they called without knowing much about me or seeing my resume).

After you apply through their website, a local manager will call to make an appointment.

Went to that interview, and it was almost the same as the phone call. It was more in-depth as far as what AXA does and how they sell their products. They wanted me to come up with a list of people that I can call and offer our products to. If you are uncomfortable doing this, as I am, they state that this is not the position for you.

When you hear the term "finance professional", you expect financial knowledge to be shown, this position sounds more like a sales position. Some people are comfortable with that. I am comfortable with a sales position, just not so much with selling to friends and family. Especially since they became friends, because I wasn't trying to sell them anything.

After this interview, if they feel it is a good fit, which is based on the list you come up with, they will sponsor you to take a set of exams that get you licensed, Series 7, Series 66, and Life and Health. After successfully passing these exams, you will be placed on a paid AXA training program. After that you will get a contract. Expect no less than 2 months for all of this to be completed.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling to friends and family?   1 Answer

Financial Professional Interview

Interview

After initially applying I was contacted by an office secretary. First was a phone screening where you are told a little more information about the industry, and then are asked to attend a webinar. After the webinar the next step is an in office interview where you are told much more about the company and the industry as a whole. This is to see if you think the position will be a good fit for you. This interview is very laid-back and conversational. The last interview is in a main office with a high manager and the original financial planner. In this interview you will talk with and get to know the manager where he is basically looking to see if you are serious about the job and if you are a conversational person. They will also go over the results from you personality test and then may or may not give you an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to pick this career path?
      What other positions are you applying for?
      What hesitations do you have with taking this position?
      Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The interview is going to be spent mostly convincing you how wonderful the job, firm and opportunity is. First is a phone screen, 2.) is the in person with a manager, 3.) another meeting with the manager and two younger advisors who have been recently hired. The last interview goes over comp and the benefits package. If you genuinely show some enthusiasm about the benefits package, you will get the offer promptly afterwards.