AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.3

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a long phone interview with the person who would be your overseeing manager. I was asked some fairly tough questions and it seemed like this was really the part of the process in which they want to get to know you best. One thing I loved about interviewing with AXA was that my manager promised to call me within two business days to let me know whether or not I would be moving along in the interview process and why or why not. The second interview was in person at the AXA office with the same overseeing manager but was fairly relaxed, it seemed like this stage was more for you to understand the very specific nature of the job and to ensure that you know what you are getting into. After the interview, I was shown around the office and introduced to the majority of the people I would be working with and was able to ask a few questions. Within two business days the manager had called me and asked me how I was feeling about everything, then invited me to a final interview. The final interview was at the AXA office with one of the local branch's founders and the same overseeing manager. I was told this interview was more about culture fit than anything else as this particular branch really prides itself on setting themselves apart from the stereotypes of this industry and emerging as an ethical leader. They are looking for hard-working people who share their values, you will learn everything specific to the job through the licensing and training process. Finally, the overseeing manager will call you within two business days to let you know if they are extending an offer and why or why not. You have two weeks to decide whether or not to accept, but I can tell you that they expect to hear back within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• "We're interviewing over 50 candidates for 2 available positions. Why should it be you?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The branch manager came to the office I and my co-intern were interning for. He talked about the "great" things about working for AXA, the share plan, the 401(k), the health insurance, etc. Nothing about the drawbacks, and he did not ask any questions. One electronic application (that took an act of Congress to upload) later and I was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Two interviews with both being an hour and fifteen minutes long. One interview was getting to know me while the second interview was the specifics of the job. The questions were not too difficult to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They just talked about what the job entailed, did not really ask me much about myself, it was strictly them selling me on AXA rather than me selling them on myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process seems to very from branch to branch. I interviewed for the Philadelphia area. The interview process itself was thorough and informative. But misleading. They make it seem like you will be making a lot of money but the base salary is something you would not even be able to live off of. There is potential for much more income, but that is after you struggle for a long time. They also wanted me to pay to get my licenses transferred and pay an appointment fee (?) which seems absolutely ridiculous. There is no health care coverage until after you bring in $5,000 or something along those lines. You don't get any pay until you pass your licenses and bring in that money. And you have to pay for your own licensing on top of that, which they say you will be "reimbursed" for later on. Naturally I declined because this is not a situation where you can thrive.

Two weeks later I receive a LinkedIn message from a recruiter on behalf of the president (whom I had one interview with) from the same branch asking if I was interested in the same position I declined. It was a different person than I interviewed with originally and the email was clear that this was as if they were contacting me for the first time. Are they this disorganized that they cannot communicate to each other who was interviewed already or they cannot recall who they interviewed just two weeks ago? I was completely shocked by this.
    Just be aware of what this company is pulling you into if you choose to go with them.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: Why Axa? What motivates you? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews - the first one was over the phone and the last two were in person at their office. Very welcoming environment. I knew about Axa because a colleague interned there the summer before and then accepted for a full-time position. I had no idea how recognized this company was until after I was offered a job as they were ranked number 3 as one of the world's largest insurers on Forbes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you have what it takes to become a financial planner?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Interview seemed challenging and rewarding. I'm so disappointed with the outcome that all I would like to say is that I feel as though it was a sales pitch that I was not used to and succumbed to.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Two interviews, one over the phone and one in the office. Both very informative and casual. They are very convincing and make the opportunity seem like more than it is.

Interview Questions

Seemed like a scam. I was going to have to sell insurance to my family and friends

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Akron, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, and the person who interviewed me blew me off for one of the meetings. This person had someone who kept his schedule, and he still missed the appointment we had set. The questions were fairly straight forward, and easy. They try to hire everyone because the turnover is so incredibly high due to low pay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

***This company is a scam!***
    Met with an advisor that explained the program to me. He explained why they were better than their competitors and why I would be a great fit. Seemed like a great opportunity.
    Second interview, I met with another advisor that actually told me the truth about the program and pay structure. I was given an offer that was completely opposite of what we discussed in the first meeting.
    This is a SCAM. They hire a ton of college kids, make you feel special, and throw you in there to sell to your teachers, friends, family, etc. They offer no paid training. I would've had to pay for all of my licensing on my own. Basically, they hire a ton of kids to work solely on commission and when you don't meet their sales quotas they cut you loose and keep your clients. This is essentially a pyramid scheme and a huge scam. They don't want you to succeed! You are free labor and provide them free clients!