AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.3

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The interview is going to be spent mostly convincing you how wonderful the job, firm and opportunity is. First is a phone screen, 2.) is the in person with a manager, 3.) another meeting with the manager and two younger advisors who have been recently hired. The last interview goes over comp and the benefits package. If you genuinely show some enthusiasm about the benefits package, you will get the offer promptly afterwards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Want to know your background and see where you come from. Then get a full understanding of experience gained. Remember they are sales professionals still, so they will try to sell you on AXA. The people I met with were very nice and seem like they like the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to enter into the Financial industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Troy, MI).

Interview

Very strange. Talked little about me. The very 1st question after the interviewer (VP of Regional Firm) introduced himself was "What do you want to know about AXA?" Completely valid question, but I was a little caught off guard over the structure and process of the interview. I was a scheduled for a 30 minute interview, and we ended up talking for 50 minutes, however I never heard from the company again. It seemed like we talked very little about me, or getting to know me, and there were very few objective questions. Like I said, it was very strange, but I guess you have to be prepared for anything.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The process was very informative, and I left each of the three in-person interviews with a greater understanding of the position that I was pursuing. The up-front cost to work at AXA Advisors was a bit daunting, as I see other advising firms pay the employee during and for the licensing. AXA does not do either.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember them asking me specific 'interview' questions, rather it was just a dialogue of the position and what a day in the life of a financial professional at AXA Advisors looks like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

I applied, took them about three days to follow up. We scheduled a phone interview, followed by 3 in-person interviews. Each round went through a different aspect of the business and my role. Offer made after third. Third interview discussed benefits package, training, and compensation, etc.

Went over business plan in second meeting, went over that before I accepted.

Interview Questions

• how do I feel about sales, helping people, etc. What do I think the position entails? Fairly casual conversation, I think to measure how I would perform in a sales environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay very close attention to all details. Hiring fees, benefits, comp structure. Bring a notepad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was an interesting experience. I had read reviews on glassdoor prior to the interview and was apprehensive as to what my interviewer was saying. The job isn't a scam, there is room for growth if you're the seller type that's okay with asking everyone you know if they want life insurance. I wasn't crazy about selling insurance to family and friends, so I chose to decline the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Straight forward. Depends on the team you are on. I had three interviews and I accepted the job a few days later. Its been a good experience its just a hard job.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very easy and simple interview questions. Be aware: on the interview you will not get the real picture of your compensation and training.
    Now I wish I would never engaged in this gamble and never accepted this position.
    Besides, something on the management level does not work in their hiring process: I was receiving phone calls and e-mails to apply for a Financial Advisor position at the time when I was on the pre-employment agreement with AXA (a few months after my initial interview).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process: I introduce myself, the manager described the position and process. After that I was told to come back to start paperwork when I pass one of three exams. That was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an employee via linked in. Went through 3 interviews including the first phone interview. Moved very fast compared to other firms that I was interviewing with. You have to have existing natural market to start your practice. Not straight forward about the compensation and salary until the very end of interview process. But very up front about their expectations in terms of sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop your markets? What is your natural market?   Answer Question

I received a better offer from elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview was basically the manager telling you mostly about the company and some questions about yourself. Nothing hard, again its mostly them letting you know that this job is not easy and you need to have the spirit and personality for it.

Interview Questions

• there are couple of interviews that you will go through. They are not hard at all, they just want to know if you have the mentality and personality for this job. They will also ask you some questions to get to know you. At the last interview you do need to make a business plan and thats where you have to explain your business plan.   Answer Question

See What AXA Advisors Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Financial Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros: “- Best training on the street - bar none. You are trained on all aspects of being a financial advisor.....products & accounts (insurance, investments, annuities, employee benefits...”“- Best training on the street - bar none. You are trained on all aspects of being a financial advisor.....products & accounts (insurance, investments, annuities, employee benefits), strategies (general financial planning, business planning, retirement/ estate planning), sales skills (telephone, presentation, referral asking skills), practice management (time management, delegation). Training is delivered 1x1, group settings, via virtual courses, sometimes offsite conferences. - Compensation. I worked at a previous firm where you got about 20% of every $1 of revenue generated. At AXA you get anywhere from 50%-90%, with the big producers getting in the 90% area. Plus have a great stock purchase plan called SharePlan. - Great marketing materials. Available for just about any prospect or situation. All are AXa branded. - Out of the box ready marketing. Seminars, mailers, letters, campaigns, marketing strategies....all are pre-approved and ready to go. No need to design a marketing strategy yourself. - Depth of products. You can be a one stop shop for any prospect/client. No account or household minimums. Some insurance firms allow you to do investments, BUT only after selling insurance for 3+ years, or maybe they only allow mutual funds (from maybe 30 mutual fund families). At AXA you can work with investment clients from the start and work just about all mutual fund families. Also have employee benefits for businesses as well. Only loans and property/casualty insurance are not offered. - Technology - AXA has embraced technology more so than other financial service companies, but the industry as a whole is still behind the curve on technology use.” – Full Review