AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.3

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was standard. Formal emails, phone interview then in person interview. I met with Axa representatives at my college job fair and received an email a few days later for a phone interview. We set up a time and date to meet in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They really take their time to vet candidates. The interview is in 5 stages. Everything from a one on one phone discussion to panel interview with senior management. Compared to other firms I interviewed with, AXA was the only one that was truly trying to determine in they wanted to make an investment in me. They were not chomping at the bits to add another advisor to their production sheets. They only want quality standouts. Very in-depth interview process!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how many people in this industry make it past their 4th year?   Answer Question
    • Do you know who AXA is what they do around the globe?   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to make in a job like this 1st year, 5th year..25 years?   Answer Question
    • What value would you bring to a firm like ours?   Answer Question
    • How would you plan on building a practice?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interviewing with us today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Falls Church, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted to arrange a time to come in for an interview. The structure of the interview was quite casual - it was a chance to learn more about the company, the licensing process, the training process, etc. My interviewer was very informative and reassuring.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the more formative experiences you had in university?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews - the first one was over the phone and the last two were in person at their office. Very welcoming environment. I knew about Axa because a colleague interned there the summer before and then accepted for a full-time position. I had no idea how recognized this company was until after I was offered a job as they were ranked number 3 as one of the world's largest insurers on Forbes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you have what it takes to become a financial planner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

4 rounds, meeting with manager, they make it confusing to keep you interested and not realize it's a scam. TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND DO NOT TRUST THEM. Dont get excited because it's a first job or seems lucrative.

Interview Questions

• literally nothing, it was just them talking about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview wasn't necessarily laid back but more of a conversation to get to know each other and understand if it is a job you would like to get into as well as showing the employer you would be up to it as well. Waiting for future interviews to come soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was at a college career fair that I applied to through my university. It was very conversational and relaxed. The interviewer just wanted to get to know who I am as a person and what drives me. After the interview I was told they would be in contact to get me in for a second interview on site. Didn't hear back for a few weeks to find out I didn't get the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX).

Interview

in person interview, good experience. relaxing and mostly general and behavioral questions. introduced a little bit about the company and the job position, very informative. gave me more information to take a look at, overall relaxing conversational interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Cranberry, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. I talked to a manager at the firm. He wanted to know why I was interested in the profession and what kind of related experience I had to contribute to the company.

Financial Professional Interview

Interview

After initially applying I was contacted by an office secretary. First was a phone screening where you are told a little more information about the industry, and then are asked to attend a webinar. After the webinar the next step is an in office interview where you are told much more about the company and the industry as a whole. This is to see if you think the position will be a good fit for you. This interview is very laid-back and conversational. The last interview is in a main office with a high manager and the original financial planner. In this interview you will talk with and get to know the manager where he is basically looking to see if you are serious about the job and if you are a conversational person. They will also go over the results from you personality test and then may or may not give you an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to pick this career path?
      What other positions are you applying for?
      What hesitations do you have with taking this position?   Answer Question

See What AXA Advisors Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Financial Advisor

Pros: “Great work environment. Excellent office, management is superb. They really make you want to drink the kool-aid and it sounds perfect on paper. Also, provides you with the licenses you need...”“Great work environment. Excellent office, management is superb. They really make you want to drink the kool-aid and it sounds perfect on paper. Also, provides you with the licenses you need to go do something else. Really excellent leadership and if you succeed its a path to early retirement. Some high-level producers make upwards of over a million per year and don't work nearly as much as other people making the same. It really does show promise as a career and those who make it do really well in it. If you don't have a job out of college and you're out of options this is a great place to start. Especially if you want a series 7 license.” – Full Review