AXA Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.3

483 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Birmingham, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

One hour office interview with the district manager and EVP of branch. Structured discussion and informative. Casual and friendly. First was phone call and submitting resume. Then office interviews - multiple. Each one became more specific and targeted as they helped to determine if this career path is right one. Progressively becomes more informative and educational.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Two interviews with both being an hour and fifteen minutes long. One interview was getting to know me while the second interview was the specifics of the job. The questions were not too difficult to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1st was pretty basic get to know each other over the phone. 2nd and 3rd were in person. More focused on structure of company and what I would be doing there.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have talking to people in a sales role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbridge, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. I went in to speak with the person in charge, and I was practically told immediately that I have the position. It was very easy to treat the interview like a regular conversation because they don't make themselves seem superior just because of their positions.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

5 interns were interviewed together by a senior financial consultant. The interview questions were pretty simple such as why chose Axa advisors. I received the phone screening 1 week before the group interview. The whole process was smooth and easy.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

1 Phone Interview
    2 In-Person Interviews
    1 Final Round Interview with senior-level person
    (Will definitely vary depending on what team is hiring)
    Overall the interview process is designed to inform you about the role and manage your expectations about the challenges this career path involves.

Interview Questions

• Revolved around why financial advising and a business plan deliverable   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Phone interview. Very brief. I was asked to come in the next day for training that was done by the intern finishing up their internship. Training took about two hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

The interview itself was split into 3 part- 1st part by Phone, 2nd part with the Divisional VP, 3rd part with Divisional VP and the President of the Divison. The phone interview is very simple, essentially the absolute basics of the position, the company, and your background. 2nd interview was face to face with the Divisional VP and it was a bit longer, with a very in depth power point about AXA as a whole and a few stats about the division itself. During this time your get in depth with your educational and professional background and you answer the "why you" question. Some technical questions added to the mix but nothing too complicated. At the end of this interview, you get 2 personality tests. 3rd interview was with Divisional VP and President, you go over the test results and again you answer in more depth now the "why you" questions. I applied specifically for the Karr Barth AXA Advisor position and the people who work there were very kind, understanding and caring. I had an additional 5 phone conversations with the Divisional VP in regards to what to expect, specific scheduling, and future plans.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process seems to very from branch to branch. I interviewed for the Philadelphia area. The interview process itself was thorough and informative. But misleading. They make it seem like you will be making a lot of money but the base salary is something you would not even be able to live off of. There is potential for much more income, but that is after you struggle for a long time. They also wanted me to pay to get my licenses transferred and pay an appointment fee (?) which seems absolutely ridiculous. There is no health care coverage until after you bring in $5,000 or something along those lines. You don't get any pay until you pass your licenses and bring in that money. And you have to pay for your own licensing on top of that, which they say you will be "reimbursed" for later on. Naturally I declined because this is not a situation where you can thrive.

Two weeks later I receive a LinkedIn message from a recruiter on behalf of the president (whom I had one interview with) from the same branch asking if I was interested in the same position I declined. It was a different person than I interviewed with originally and the email was clear that this was as if they were contacting me for the first time. Are they this disorganized that they cannot communicate to each other who was interviewed already or they cannot recall who they interviewed just two weeks ago? I was completely shocked by this.
    Just be aware of what this company is pulling you into if you choose to go with them.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: Why Axa? What motivates you? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice, very polite I would say. I he briefly described me what I would be doing which turned out to be something that I would not want to do. I was looking for someone that would potentially sponsor me after a year but they do not sponsor anymore. Thus if you are looking to be sponsored for H1B in a year, do not bother to apply here. If you are a resident or citizen, i think you can get a job quite easily.