AXA Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.3

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a long but great process. I enjoyed going through the process. they are flexible if you cant make a time. I would do it again if i had too.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in interview process with phone interviews and in office interviews. Each step is a way of weeding out potential candidates with the last interview being between two candidates

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX).

Interview

In the first interview it was very short and it was a background of the company and of the person interviewing me (which ended up being my manager and mentor) there was a background check. The second interview was more detailed and about the career itself as well as all the benefits. they do a seminar now which i have heard very positive things about. and the third interview we went over more details and the job was offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

4 interview process. 1st. get to know you. 2nd. benefits, training, on-boarding. 3rd. meet with team members. 4th. final w/ Sr. VP. Best part was meeting with the other team members, both new and experienced. I also like that the leadership also was working with a client base so I was able to see myself working with them to serve clients.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. Very open about how the process works and what the next steps would be. Being able to see the office setting was also a huge plus.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then I did two in-person meetings. After the first in-person interview, they asked me to write out a short business plan describing where I will find clients and how I plan to become successful in this role. After this, I met with my future manager as well as his manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some markets that you can tap into to find prospects?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions

• Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview

Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Questions

• The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy