AXA Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview

Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Questions

• The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

Interview

The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Vestal, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a first round interview invitation through campus career job site. Went to an on-site interview then a virtual interview with two managers. The process took about 3 weeks to complete. However I lost the interest in this position because it's essentially a sales job that consists a large amount of cold calling and knocking on doors. After a period of time you have to pay for your own cubical.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went to my University's career fair and approached the recruiter working the booth for AXA advisors. Within one minute of talking to him, I was offered an interview for the next Monday. The interview process was mostly them talking up the company and how great of a place it is to work. The problem was that once I realized it was a commission based company, I lost most of my interest in working at the company.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

1. online application
    2. group session
    3. one on one interview session

I was refereed by an employee. i was then invited to a group overview by Head of Office, they were professional, but i did not leave with a clear sense
     of my job function.

The one on one clarified that this was a commission only position, and that i need to get licensed, and i would pay for it....

Overall the process was direct...

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions , key ones

1. can you work on commission only?
      2. are you comfortable with cold calling?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a phone interview and then I was brought into the office for a first round interview. I received a call shortly after the interview asking to come back in for a second round. Second round was with two of the managers and was an easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in the San Fransisco office and had a difficult time finding parking as expected. The building is in the heart of the financial district. The interview process felt super professional. Went in and I let the desk lady know I arrived and had to wait 10 minutes for the VP to arrive. He asked me about my current experience and informed me more about the job.

Interview Questions

• What is going to keep you at work after 5pm if needed?
      Tell me more about yourself?
      What have you you done so far?
      Answer Question