AXA Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.3

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview wasn't necessarily laid back but more of a conversation to get to know each other and understand if it is a job you would like to get into as well as showing the employer you would be up to it as well. Waiting for future interviews to come soon.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

4 interview process over 2-3 weeks. Very thorough, explain the process and what to expect. Spoke to multiple people from different levels in the business. I could tell the screening process was no joke and they were particular of what kind of person they wanted to bring on board. Very diverse work environment. People from all ethnic backgrounds. Everyone I spoke to was very polite and candid in what to expect throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a financial advisor?
      Have I been in a leadership position before?
      Why should we pick you instead of all these other people we are interviewing?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was approached during a career fair at my university and was later asked to attend an in person interview on campus. This company is extremely misleading in its practices; they make it sound like you will be a financial advisor assisting in the management of client assets. However it is honestly just another insurance salesman job based purely on commission with terrible compensation. I was told at the career fair that I would be compensating for receiving my licenses but by the second interview was told I would have to front the payment of my licensing as well as lease an office space to conduct my business... Not at all what I was told. This company does not conduct traditional interviews; they take this time to begin training you on their practices given their high turnover rate. I don’t recommend students to have any business with this company and I advice colleges and universities to no longer allow companies like AXA to prey on its students. After I was told that the starting salary of this company was bellow 24k annually I advised the interviewer that I no longer was interested. After which I received two emails requesting me to recommend some of my fellow students… eerily similar to a pyramid scheme… if you are a newly graduated student with little to no options, seek an employer which will take the time to get to know you and offer guidance not get you involved in a dying industry for their own personal gain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview, just asked about myself and gave a brief explanation of the role. Set up a second interview in their office in NY for the next week. Once again, it was just basic questions about if I was a fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2017.

Interview

Met with VP of NY office and sales manager and another head of advising. 3 meetings. very encouraging and boosted my self esteem with continuing on this career transition

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and company info. very helpful information wise for on boarding etc. Great guy excited to work with/under him.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There were 3 steps, which included a phone interview, an in person interview, and a final interview. The people were very nice, and the interview followed up with a reference sheet for them to find more people they could hire. I got the impression that they hire as many people as they possibly can.

Interview Questions

• "If I was blind my whole life, how would you describe the color yellow?"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2013.

Interview

Basic questions about yourself and your personality. Not many technical questions. Engaging interview with the interviewer. The whole interview only took about 20-30 minutes and was overall a pleasant experience. Interviewers were very nice and laid back.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Very short phone interview. Interviewer seemed not to care and was somewhat rude. Maybe he was busy but he didn't even know at first that I was calling for the interview. Did not get another call after.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

My friend went to the interview with the same position and referred me to the guy she interviewed with. Then I received the email to schedule an interview with the manager. He let me wait in the room and print out my resume. Simply walked through my resume and asked couple interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website. Got a phone interview and discussed about past experiences. Got the offer directly after the phone call. Not a hard experience, great chat.