AXA Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a phone interview and then I was brought into the office for a first round interview. I received a call shortly after the interview asking to come back in for a second round. Second round was with two of the managers and was an easy process.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Vestal, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a first round interview invitation through campus career job site. Went to an on-site interview then a virtual interview with two managers. The process took about 3 weeks to complete. However I lost the interest in this position because it's essentially a sales job that consists a large amount of cold calling and knocking on doors. After a period of time you have to pay for your own cubical.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX).

Interview

in person interview, good experience. relaxing and mostly general and behavioral questions. introduced a little bit about the company and the job position, very informative. gave me more information to take a look at, overall relaxing conversational interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Had one interview. Sat down and it went great. They were welcoming and did most of the talking. Gave you all the information needed to begin a career at AXA

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The interview was entirely behavioral. The first interview was short, maybe 30 minutes, and consisted of the hiring manager asking me about my interests and previous experience. The second interview was more intensive; he grilled me to see how I would react to pressure.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, specific questions about each item listed, what do you know about AXA Advisors, what what do you know about financial services   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

During the first interview, the interviewer gives me an explanation about the company and what I would be doing. He kept telling me that this is the kind of job that pays a lot of money. He then asked me a few questions about what I do with my time and why I would like to work as a financial advisor. Then, he tells me that I would have to study for an insurance license exam and apply for the license to be able to start in a pre-contract with them. He assured me that the company was going to reimburse me for any expenses once I started working. The cost for the exam and the education materials came out to about $300. They gave a couple weeks to study and gave me one more interview and made me meet with some financial advisers for me to learn more about the company and what they do. Once I passed the test and received my license, they called me to sign the pre-contract. Up until this point, I thought that once I started working I would be reimbursed. Instead, they ask me for a $510 check to pay for the Series 7 Exam. They did mention I would have to study for the Series 7 and Series 63 or 66. It was at this point, after asking about when I would get reimbursed for these expenses that they tell me that reimbursement is only given if I pass a selling quota that, from what I've read, most people don't pass. If I did pass this quota, the reimbursement would be given to me 9 months after having worked. If I didn't pass, I would be laid off. Also, after further questioning, they told me that the expenses that I would incur at the beginning would be about $2,000 for licenses and $500 just to use a desk. Not to mention that I wouldn't be covered for parking or any related business expenses. So, I decided to not sign the pre-contract agreement because I'm already in debt. In the end, I ended up with a couple of weeks of studying countless hours and $300 spent for a license I may never use because I was misled as to the process up until the point when I actually was going to sign for a pre-contract agreement.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your spare time?
      How would you go about finding clients?
      What attracts you about financial advising?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and efficient. All of the people I interacted with were professional and respectful. It started with a phone interview and then a formal interview followed that. They asked pretty standard questions during both sets of interviews. The formal interview was conducted by a couple of people.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the VP on phone after sending an email to the recruiter the day before. We had a great talk, enjoyed learning about the company. Scheduled an official phone interview in a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Natural conversation back and forth   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

3 rounds and did not seem super intense until last round. The first two rounds were one on one interviews and then the last time was with the same guy plus the manager of the office who came off as pretty stuck up. Overall I did not think the process was very intense and required little knowledge based questions over anything they asked you!

Interview Questions

• If car runs out of gas 50 miles from any city and all you have is a lighter, string and cell phone with 1 minute of battery what do you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

My friend went to the interview with the same position and referred me to the guy she interviewed with. Then I received the email to schedule an interview with the manager. He let me wait in the room and print out my resume. Simply walked through my resume and asked couple interview questions.