AXA Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is pretty simple. I was contacted after meeting someone from AXA at my school's career fair. I was called in for an in person interview at their office and they basically described the company and what working there would look like. They didn't ask too much about myself, rather they wanted you to know more about them and if this was something you could see yourself doing. Overall, I think that the interview was pretty laid back and not something you need to worry too much about, its very comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was highly correlated to the business model. Very much like cold calling. They trawl job boards for resumes and invite a large number of applicants to interview. This number is cut by 1/3 several times along the way until about 10% are extended offers. Of these, only about 1/3 are expected to make it past the first year.

The interview process serves as a very good indicator of the persona

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I think they are very liberal with you they call and set up an interview with - as long as they see the right credentials on your resume. I rec'd an interview call via my resume posting on CareerBuilder website. The gentleman I interviewed with was very upfront and honest about the details of the job and was careful not to set up unrealistic expectations. We both agreed that that was not the type of job I was interested in, in that I am not looking to focus 100% on sales. It was a very cordial and professional meeting even though it didn't end up in a job.

Interview Questions

• (Paraphrase) Can you handle building a client base from scratch?   1 Answer
    • (Paraphrase) What are the characteristics you possess that would or would not allow you to be successful in a sales position?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2009.

Interview

They promise you huge growth potential, but really its a scam. After a presentation you set up a meeting with one of the 4 managers who then ask you why you want to work for the company. Spend a lot of time telling you how much money you can make. Expect you to work Monday - Sunday 8am - 9pm.

Corporate Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Clifton Park, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Got a call for a interview within 4 days of meeting the EVP at a job/internship expo at my college. Nice people but let me know upfront that it would mostly consist of preparing for licensing and filing papers. Interviewing with NMFN and weighing my options.

Negotiation

Barely need to negotiate. Looking for outgoing sales oriented people with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I think I had two interviews. They took place over a two month period. There isn't much to plan for in regards to the interview. The process is really about them convincing you to get on board. They throw out a lot of baseless salary figures that attempt to get you drawn in. However, in the first 2 years these are unattainable. Ask for an average or a figure for the first two years and you will get "There's no limit or average, and that's the best part." That's the interviewer saying you will make right around $24,000 your first year of being on contract.

They talk about a salary that will help keep you afloat during the tough times at the beginning. They lightly mention that you have to attain 3,000 production credits or commission dollars and 15 contracts as I was in the RBG division. This is not a problem assuming you have friends and family in the teaching profession. For someone without a network, it can be quite difficult especially for someone moving from out of state to take this position.

They fail to mention that once the production threshold is attained you are at the discretion of your Manager to actually put you on contract. So depending on whether or not he met his new hire quota for the year he will "allow" you to go on contract. This will not be disclosed to you. Some have to wait a full six months to go on contract depending on when they passed their Series 7 Exam, even if your 3,000 PC 15 app requirement is met. For example, if you passed the series 7 in July and your manager has met his new hire quota, then he will want you to wait until January of the next year. Ask for a contract date in writing contigent on meeting your goal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was non negotiable.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbia, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back in a timely fashion. Interview went very smoothly about 45 minutes with the hiring manager. The office is rated #1 among the company in the US and seemed very nice. Managers and workers all very friendly. Ask a lot of questions about the company and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Portland, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

Orientation comes first, where the EVP will promise a six-figure income. Then there are 4 more interviews, which are more like sales presentations for the position. Don't worry about the interview process, it's more like you're interviewing them. No college degree or experience required.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling insurance to your friends and family?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Very laid back interview. they were basically selling YOU the position, not the other way around.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about the company in the news?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Dont be fooled...it's all cold calling and most people dont make squat months after starting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter from AXA Advisors asking me to come in for a interview. The phone interview was very short. I actually told them I wanted to get back to them before I schedule an interview and he was fine with that. A week later, I went in for an interview. Right when I got in, the receptionist asked me to fill out this long packet. After that, I got to meet my recruiter, who actually turned out to be the Assistant VP. I spoke to him for like 20 minutes, and then he introduced me to the VP and I spoke to him for about another 20 minutes. The interview wasn't hard at all. Be calm and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

Financial Advisor wasn't something I wanted to do.