AXA Advisors Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.4

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Three step interview: phone screening to determine applicant frame of mind and personality red flags; one on one interview with 5 minute verbal presentation test to check current ability and coachability; and screening by other consultants and partner to determine culture fit.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first round was some information about the job and questions to determine whether you really want to go for it. They would also give you some paper to prepare and present in the second round interview. The second round interview was a presentation of the paper you got at the end of the first round. The third round was basically a culture fit and background check. About one week after the last interview, I received a phone call that told me I was clear on my background check and I should prepare some fee for the licensing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume, and received a call in a day to arrange an interview.
    Arranged a meeting with a senior executive located in the Koreatown.
    Since I did not have an enthusiasm toward sales, I wasn't offered the position.
    It appears very important to show that you are willing to do anything as a consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

During the first interview, the interviewer gives me an explanation about the company and what I would be doing. He kept telling me that this is the kind of job that pays a lot of money. He then asked me a few questions about what I do with my time and why I would like to work as a financial advisor. Then, he tells me that I would have to study for an insurance license exam and apply for the license to be able to start in a pre-contract with them. He assured me that the company was going to reimburse me for any expenses once I started working. The cost for the exam and the education materials came out to about $300. They gave a couple weeks to study and gave me one more interview and made me meet with some financial advisers for me to learn more about the company and what they do. Once I passed the test and received my license, they called me to sign the pre-contract. Up until this point, I thought that once I started working I would be reimbursed. Instead, they ask me for a $510 check to pay for the Series 7 Exam. They did mention I would have to study for the Series 7 and Series 63 or 66. It was at this point, after asking about when I would get reimbursed for these expenses that they tell me that reimbursement is only given if I pass a selling quota that, from what I've read, most people don't pass. If I did pass this quota, the reimbursement would be given to me 9 months after having worked. If I didn't pass, I would be laid off. Also, after further questioning, they told me that the expenses that I would incur at the beginning would be about $2,000 for licenses and $500 just to use a desk. Not to mention that I wouldn't be covered for parking or any related business expenses. So, I decided to not sign the pre-contract agreement because I'm already in debt. In the end, I ended up with a couple of weeks of studying countless hours and $300 spent for a license I may never use because I was misled as to the process up until the point when I actually was going to sign for a pre-contract agreement.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your spare time?
      How would you go about finding clients?
      What attracts you about financial advising?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Four part interview process, first interview was just to get to know me. Second interview went over the role of a financial advisor. Third interview was more in depth. Fourth interview went over salary and pay.

Retirement Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard. They did ask for a presentation, which was later critiqued and then I was asked to redo it for them immediately. Found that slightly strange, but went with it. Was later asked to come in and meet with higher management and was asked some standard questions. Got an offer but declined it.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you were required to do something against your morals to achieve the right result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

met 2 gentlemen at a networking event. I told them about my background and they invited me for a phone interview. after that was going into the office and meeting another advisor. 3rd round I met the top executive at the office who went over the details of the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

4 interview process over 2-3 weeks. Very thorough, explain the process and what to expect. Spoke to multiple people from different levels in the business. I could tell the screening process was no joke and they were particular of what kind of person they wanted to bring on board. Very diverse work environment. People from all ethnic backgrounds. Everyone I spoke to was very polite and candid in what to expect throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a financial advisor?
      Have I been in a leadership position before?
      Why should we pick you instead of all these other people we are interviewing?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview was basically the manager telling you mostly about the company and some questions about yourself. Nothing hard, again its mostly them letting you know that this job is not easy and you need to have the spirit and personality for it.

Interview Questions

• there are couple of interviews that you will go through. They are not hard at all, they just want to know if you have the mentality and personality for this job. They will also ask you some questions to get to know you. At the last interview you do need to make a business plan and thats where you have to explain your business plan.   Answer Question

Retirement Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy if you knew what you were talking about. People are really personable and easy to connect for a people person. Overall not difficult and if you are well-liked you can get a position.