AXA Advisors Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in the San Fransisco office and had a difficult time finding parking as expected. The building is in the heart of the financial district. The interview process felt super professional. Went in and I let the desk lady know I arrived and had to wait 10 minutes for the VP to arrive. He asked me about my current experience and informed me more about the job.

Interview Questions

• What is going to keep you at work after 5pm if needed?
      Tell me more about yourself?
      What have you you done so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the VP on phone after sending an email to the recruiter the day before. We had a great talk, enjoyed learning about the company. Scheduled an official phone interview in a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Natural conversation back and forth   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with a Vice President and a Senior Vice President. I was referred by a connection through LinkedIn so it was all very cordial. I had first met with a financial consultant there through a connection through a friend. Had two interviews with the Vice President, the second after a background check, and one with the Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions

• All very behavioral.

Tell me about yourself

Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very basic interview where the interviewer is trying to get to know you and give you information about the position you applied for. They were kind and easy to talk to and seemed like they are willing to help you if you needed. Overall, laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me your life story until now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call and two in person interviews. This industry has an incredibly high turnover rate because the training is intense and it takes a few years to cultivate your own leads and start functioning on your own. They are looking for people who are energetic, hard working, and want to commit themselves to this process. They will invest a lot of time in you so they want to make sure that you are worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your best and worst qualities?
      Being that this industry has high turnover, do you/how do you see yourself pushing past the first few difficult years to get to the higher reward?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I got email from the recruiting team from school regarding the internship opportunity. It was a group interview, each group consist of 4 interviewees and 3 interviewers. Overall not difficult but competitive since they are having only 1 opening position and 12 of us are going for it

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an employee via linked in. Went through 3 interviews including the first phone interview. Moved very fast compared to other firms that I was interviewing with. You have to have existing natural market to start your practice. Not straight forward about the compensation and salary until the very end of interview process. But very up front about their expectations in terms of sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop your markets? What is your natural market?   Answer Question

I received a better offer from elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Firstly give me an telephone to ask me the time for interview. I got the interview 1 week later. Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee. Besides they need some certifications to be well-work for this position.

Interview Questions

• Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They were very eager to have me come into the office for an in person interview. I showed up and the office is very nice and many people walking around. The interview process was pretty normal. She asked my strengths and weaknesses, as well as why and how I could benefit AXA. What they don't tell you before going in person is that the position is commission only and you have to pay out of pocket for Series 7 and 66. If passed you will be reimbursed. Also, expect 3-5 months unpaid while being trained and mandatory Saturdays cold calling. All unpaid.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone intake interview at first by an assistant , then in-person with the district manager. Then a in-person meeting with the branch manager. The manager talked very fast, glossing over many important details especially about the brief salary period. He exaggerated team performance, and didn't reveal the mandatory cold calling period that are required. I recall that the branch manager mentioned cold calling a few times, and I told him that I believed in working smart as well as hard, to which he gave me a puzzled look. I still got the job.