AXA Assistance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted via email to set up a phone screen (15 minutes) with the hiring manager. After completing that, I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the hiring manager (1 hour). HR Recruiter handled communications. After final interview I was ASSURED I would be contacted whether I was hired or not. I was never contacted, and when I inquired, there was no response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to implement a solution that was not immediately obvious.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview about a month after applying and then a panel interview a few weeks later. Another few weeks and was told I was a finalist for the role and brought back to interview with CFO. Was specifically told I would hear soon and not be left wondering. Fast forward over a month and told I'm not being offered this role, but same role in another team is open and I'm being considered. Two more interviews scheduled, the last of which I was told I was the first of 16 candidates. This company does not seem to know how to effectively communicate or recruit. In addition, their pay rate for the role is grossly below the national and local average, which I believe is the real reason I was not selected. Turns out I make more in my current role than the hiring manager (thanks for the info Glassdoor!). Interestingly the role still shows as open on their career site. Seems I dodged a bullet with only a moderate amount of time wasted.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

There were several phone interviews and one in person interview that was onsite at their office in Chicago. The questions were typical - nothing out of the ordinary. Met with multiple departments within the organization and met several key staff members. The hiring process was smooth and seemed to move quickly, having taken approximately four to six weeks to complete from start to finish.

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Assistance.

Interview

Interviewed through a third party recruiter, whose job description did not match the actual job description and claimed the company was a public fortune 500 company when it is a private company whose parent company in France trades in the international markets.

The interviews were two on-site interviews with one person for one hour each, which was frankly a waste of time and parking (excess of $75) for me. No phone interviews or phone screens per the recruiter. I generally prefer to scope a position/company out via phone before venturing downtown or taking time off. Recruiter claimed it was a phenomenal opportunity and they "really wanted me".

I got mixed signals from the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss, but the recruiter kept telling me they wanted me and were giving me an offer when they didn't. I also got wind that the recruiter had another candidate she wanted to get the job as well, which also wasted my time further. Regardless, she wasted my time telling me they were preparing an offer and I should give her the "numbers" I would accept and so forth when they were giving an offer to someone else.

Overall, it was not my top choice and I was pretty hesitant to go to begin with. Next time I will go with my gut, especially after reading the last interview review for this position. In the end, things worked out for the best, despite being out PTO and a sick amount of $$ for parking.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult interview if you are competent in this area.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

The HR Director reached out to me. Interviewed with 6 people in 5 separate trips within six weeks. Disorganized group. Seems no one wants to take responsibility and make hiring decision. Never heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• a lot of common interview questions. But no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 7 managers in 6 different visits in 3 month periods, including one with the G.M. in Chicago office. It seemed no one wanted take responsibility and make the decision. Poor recruiting process and weak management team.

International Assistance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed in several stages. Three separate interviews. I met with multiple people from the department for which I was interviewing and also took a written exam. I initially had the exam and a one on one. After that, I met with an additional person from that department. Lastly, I met with the previous two interviewers and my future boss/supervisor in a group setting.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will make you good at this job?   1 Answer

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview process was quick. Met with head of HR and the CEO on the first interview. Second round of interviews included peer on the leadership team and the CEO's boss.

Interview Questions

The leadership is highly dysfunctional and the probability of turning the business around and making it successful was remote. Furthermore, the business is not proven in the US.

Pricing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AXA Assistance.

Interview

Basic background question and followed by a series of probability and statistic questions. Mainly focused on the correlation between random variables. The questions are not too hard but could be a problem if unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Q: How will the pricing base on these two random variable changes as correlation increase?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AXA Assistance (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First I applied to an offer of a Temporary Work Company. They invite to go directly to an interview in Axa Assistance. It was in portuguese and they almost told me right away that the job was done

Interview Questions

• What have you done previously?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I already knew the conditions.