AXA Equitable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone interview after completion of the Bloomberg Aptitude Test. Two weeks later I had my follow up interview where I was interviewed by three different people individually. Prior to meeting with the interviewers I was given a short examination that took no longer than fifteen minutes. Within a few days I received a phone call from HR with an offer.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable in November 2014.

Interview

It was very uncoordinated. I had 2 phone interviews one with HR and the other with the hiring manager. Then, a second in person interview with the hiring manager and his manager. Finally, a third interview with several different people within the office. There seemed to be no coordination and the process took months!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not specific or difficult. They more wanted to speak about your past experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process took just under 3 months. There was an online application followed by a phone interview. After the phone screening came a 2 person sit down interview. General questions asked, the staff was very friendly and outgoing. This was hands down one of the best interview environments I have been in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was much higher than what I expected

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Casual interview process with Branch Manager. They are good recruiters. Not much interaction with home office HR folks till later in process. They want to get past income information to base offer.

Interview Questions

• What P&L management experience do you have? Describe management experiences from your past where you drove profitability?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Equitable in May 2014.

Interview

Simple process. Will get a call from HR and then interview with team manager and HR business partner. Basic behavioral interview questions as well as some simple questions regarding your understanding of insurance products (not in detail).

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall, the hiring process took two months but only two in-person interviews. I was referred into the firm so that could have expedited things. This was also back in 2009 so a lot has changed since then including the corporate culture, people and working environment. In fact, the 1290 location is now just two floors but has is completely renovated and modernized.

Interview Questions

• Unusual question I received was whether I knew anything about the industry I was about to enter. Funny thing was, I didn't know a lot about it and I was very honest about that. I explained that I am a quick learner and my experience spoke to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was so happy with the offer that I foolishly didn't try to negotiate. I would say that it's always wise to ask for a few days and then ask for a little more whether it be salary, bonus potential or workplace flexibility.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Its a three interview process. I got recruited by someone working for the company. The first interview is like any other interview, they basically just want to get to know you. The second interview is about your presentation skills. They basically ask you to present one of their packages to them and see how well you do in terms of persuasiveness and presence. The third interview is to form a business plan about what you will be willing to do in order to succeed in AXA for the next 5 years.

Internal Wholesaler/Regional Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. They asked me why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in working in sales, describe your biggest weakness and describe a situation when you were a leader.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation especially since you cannot start selling until you have the necessary financial licenses.

Senior Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Charlotte, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and application on website. Within a week or so I have a interview via computer with audio and video recording. About a week after that I had a face to face interview and company tour with a manager. I am asked typical job interview questions such as how would I handle certain customer service scenarios and prior employment history. The manager tells me that she will continue to interview applicants and I will be notified if I get the job or not in a few weeks. A week or two later a job recruiter calls me with a job offer. I take drug test and finger print analysis the next day and start work the following week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but I was asked how to I feel about working a schedule that changed every two weeks and if I was available to work Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 7 PM.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they offered me more than my previous employer with a start day the following week so I accepted.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Woodbridge, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It was made clear that this business isn't for everyone. You have to be a self starter and someone who can think outside the box to find clients - unless you have a large natural market- or you won't make it. My interviewer was pretty upfront about that and the fact that you would be sponsored for your licenses, but you have to have some savings to get started as you will pay out of pocket and be reimbursed if you make it through the required certifications. The potential to make a great living is there, but you will have to make it through a sink or swim process that could last 3-5 years, so make sure you are ready to dedicate yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum you will need to make in your first year to handle your overhead?   Answer Question