AXA Equitable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Senior Manager Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Great process found it on LinkedIn the recruiter actually responded to an Inmail to follow up my application. The recruiter works for AXA. I sent my resume to the line manager. It was a busy time of year the manager got back to me about with an email. I called him we set an appointment up for 3 days later, post interview I took a 10 minute personality test online. Casual but informative interview, they appreciated my skill set and level of experience. Looking for skills but also a cultural fit as well. They did not want to hire a difficult personality and I do not want to work with people like that myself. Two interviews in person, a call about one week later with an offer of interest, then dealing with the HR processes over email and the phone. I was on board about 5 weeks after the initial phone call to set up the first interview appointment.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls. They asked if I could return later in the same week if necessary to meet one other person.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a set target salary for this position it was in market range with a bonus structure no room to negotiate but they do spot bonuses nice perk!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY).

Interview

THE WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. Was called in from California for a final interview after a series of phone interviews. Spoke with hiring manager for 30-40 minutes, at which point I was told I was a phenomenal candidate and they would surely be extending me an offer for that coming summer. I left HQ and within five minutes received a phone call asking me to return upstairs, which I did. Upon returning, I was greeted by the senior Advisor in HQ, who then extended me a verbal offer of employment for that coming summer, which I said I would gladly accept, and explained how excited he was to have me on board, that I would be hearing from HR soon, etc. Here is the good part: I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM AXA. I sent a series of emails to everyone I spoke to, left a voicemail on both the hiring manager and senior advisor's direct office lines (they gave me their business cards) and sent hand written notes to three different people. I never heard back from anyone. This was by far the most confusing and disappointing interview experience I have ever had. I now work at BlackRock, and would recommend anyone steer clear of AXA.

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Panel interview with 2 people, one being the hiring manager

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Akron, OH).

Interview

applied through my schools recruiting program. got called for an interview a week later. Then went on to a second interview with a senior advisor.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about asking random girl for their phone number   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

Hiring and Interview process back in 1999 was simple and easy. I had only 1 interview with the then acting AVP and was hired within 2 weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have to admit I had no difficult questions as the person interviewing me did most of the talking and asked a few questions related to my product knowledge and experience with variable annuities.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Secaucus, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

Positions are posted on the company's website. The best approach is to apply online and a follow up phone call will be placed to the candidate. After a phone interview, the candidate will be requested for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Where to see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Hiring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview
    Interview with HR recruiter
    Interview with four managers, two at a time
    all in one day, got a call back that same day
    the offer was more than what I had initially asked for

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give examples of certain accomplishments in my work life which I did not really have being a recent college graduate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer which was higher than what I initially asked for.

Management Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

First round over the phone, nothing really. Second round on campus, a guy insists on how analytical the job is. Third round in NYC and they just ask about how do i work on a team. 2 interviews and got kicked out. The thing to be aware is that they have you pay for travel, with their email saying that you will be reimbursed. I sent them the expenses a few days after the interview and more than week later haven't heard from them. I knew they were miser, but that surprised me.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online almost two weeks ago for a specific position and haven't heard anything back yet except a confirmation of my application and an email solicitation for a different opportunity.

Personal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA Equitable (Syracuse, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied to the position online, and after several months of not hearing anything, received an email from HQ to schedule an initial screening interview. After that interview, my information was passed along and I had a second phone interview with the head of the department, after which a week later I received a job offer. Never interviewed in person. Whole process took about 3 months. Though only about 2 weeks after I first interviewed to receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to go through, and was I capable of taking and passing series examinations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I had no experience, there was little to no negotiations.