Aaron Brothers Art and Framing General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aaron Brothers Art and Framing General Manager Interview Questions

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Took a few weeks, and multiple interviews.Overall fairly normal. The HR folks were very nice and up front about responsibilities and duties, as well as compensation. I was given a few choices about training locations and times, as well as when i took my store, i was able to choose from a few possibilities.

Interview Questions

• What do i have a passion for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a higher starting package and they worked with me.

Other Interview Reviews for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

was the easiest job interview ever. this company is so desperate to hire anybody that is willing to work for such a low rate. i had no experience, yet they don't care. they just need somebody that is not too stupid. the interview was a joke, they wanted to see how little i would work for. they did not care about what i knew or how i managed

Interview Questions

• are you willing to start at $10 an hour?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they offered me such a low pay rate that I just laughed. they are so desperate for anybody with a brain that all you have to do is negotiate and they will give you what you want. I was hired at $12.50 an hour as a manager (I was desperate for work, but i did not tell them that) and then I find out that the assistant was making $15 an hour. this company is a joke

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

You just need to show up on time and tell the DM interviewing you what they want to hear and smile a lot. Tell them your number and always aim higher than they can afford then you get what you wanted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. The DM already has a number they can pay on the spot. So go high I say.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hired as parttime seasonal and promoted from within. I was not interviewed when I was promoted to GM. If you want to be hired by this company, customer service is the most important thing they look for.

Negotiation

I was offered this position 2 previous times. The third time there was no negotiation - they already knew what I wanted and gave it to me.

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (Hawthorne, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR in Texas then an in person interview with District Manager. Made an offer two days after in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, none. It was most of the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE, they do not negotiate salary but in the economy they can get away with it for the time being;)

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing (San Diego, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online
    Got a call one month later
    Did a phone interview with HR Assistant
    Did a 2nd phone interview with HR Director
    Had a 1 on 1 interview with DM in San Diego

Basically they check out the www for your profile of any sort and Linkedin is one they really believe is true since it's you placing the information online.

Be brief but clear with your answers. The HR Director is listening for you to goof.

Interview Questions

• Have you recruited and hired staff? And how did you filter each applicant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The DM has nothing to do with the amount you want to make. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....
    The HR Assistant sort of hints as to what it is you are looking to make.
    Always go over your last income earned by 10,000 to 15,000 and tell her that figure.
    She will hint back if it seems do-able.
    The HR Director will bring up that number again later but she doe's not make the job offer.
    The Assistant calls you back and plays with your head and asks "How do you think your interview with ______ went?"
    Not very professional I'd say and then you guess.
    If you are offered the job, you get an Offer Letter in your current email account.