Aaron's General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

1.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aaron's (Waukegan, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview did not start on time and to make matters even worse he interviewed me for a lesser position that I didn't apply for and never would take. The entire experience was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask me any questions. He just talked about the company and the job I had no interest in.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aaron's

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aaron's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Online process, to expedite use open requisitions for each location applying if you are unsure ask store management, background, drug screen, drivers background check. The faster an applicant can complete each stage the faster the applicant can begin employment. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER FOR COMMUNICATION FROM AARONS!

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for with Aarons?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a little slow. It took me almost a month to get a call. You also, are interview at lest three or twice. Usually it's a regional manager interviewing you. I was interviewed then called the following week for basic questions, situations, and about the companies policies. It went well then after the interview the general manager interviewed me all was well. Never stayed in contact after even know managers all liked me. I guess it was a placement for another store but, the lack of communication made me discourage with this company.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself?", "How much experience with management do you have?" Just basic questions and situations.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

4 interviews, phone, In person twice - basic questions, working interview, offered position. Very easy. The most basic questions, she went by a script "tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer" "tell me about a time" open ended situation questions mostly and then the basic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" ones as well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Very thorough with the interviews. I've conducted many where we not only ask the preliminary questions but also we also explain many benefits such as: bonus incentives, benefits, vacation time, opportunities and growth potential withing the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question are always the ones that aren't asked however that depends solely on the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's.

Interview

Met with President of company, was really recruited by him.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Rent A Center likes weekly payments?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Told him what I needed to start, he accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Wenatchee, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aaron's (Wenatchee, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

2 interviews in the same day. Start with current GM and then regional manager. was hired in as a delivery person and became GM in 6 months. There was a lot of turn over at the store so opportunities were frequent.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Aaron's?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aaron's in October 2011.

Interview

Once you fill out the online questionnaire and you meet the basic qualifications you instantly move onto step two - basic Integrity and honesty questions. Once you finish that & pass with all "green" you are called in for a basic extremely EASY interview (fog a mirror), then once you pass the drug screening - you got the job.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question. Don't worry about not being called in for an interview because people are treated so bad that the turnover rate is high. If you didn't get in this week they'll call you next week because someone finally got fed up and quit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't you took the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Paris, TX

Application

I interviewed at Aaron's (Paris, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

was very easy to be hired originally. the basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aaron's (Knoxville, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

Smile and pass background check and you will be hired. Come across as a ruthless human and very competitive. They will hire anyone as an MT and promote on performance, unless they need someone quick to replace a manager.

Interview Questions

• Will you work 80+ hours a week? That answer is no. They want you too but want you to say you don't have too to succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing at all. Here is your pay take it or leave it.