Aaron's Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aaron's Store Manager Interview Questions

1.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aaron's (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

3 weeks after I applied, I was contacted by a guy to schedule an interview from a different store than I applied to. My thought was that this just happened to be the store where interviews took place - nope it was for that store (45 minutes farther away) . Interview was set for 3 days away, at 11:00am (store opened at 10am). I arrived at 10:50 to ensure I was on-time. The guy I was to meet was not in the store when I arrived, so I happily waited. By 11:05, I was growing curious as to where he was, 11:10am, no sign. 11:15am, no sign - but the employee there said "he should be right back - I told him you were here when you walked in", 11:20am he walked in and said he would need a few minutes to get situated. 11:35am, finally ready to start (I was pretty angry at the unprofessionalism by this point and no longer wanted to work there, but I stayed to see if he could change my mind). Questions were fairly basic and straightforward interview questions, "tell me why you want to work here, what are your strengths for this position, what type of experience do you have in this field, etc, etc."

Interview Questions

• There wasnt much unexpected in the form of questions, but more-so in the job details and responsibilities. The position of store manager, somehow quickly developed into an almost purely outside sales position. "I'm looking for someone who can canvas the neighborhood and generate rapport with the surrounding neighborhoods and leave door hangers, etc."   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aaron's

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aaron's (Orlando, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Two interviews, phone & in person - basic questions, working interview, offered position. The most basic questions, she went by a script "tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer" "tell me about a time" open ended situation questions mostly and then the basic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" ones as well. Very easy processes; after the second interview you need to negotiate you salary on front. Do not expect a salary increment…

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aaron's in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Was called the next day to set up in person interview. Was told that the pay, though not quite what I was getting before, would be close. Was also told a little about the position and other support personnel. Specifically mentioned a separate collections/repossession team. Arrived at the interview store and was greeted from behind a couch (on the floor). The interviewer then proceeded to explain the requirements of the job - collections more than service and the need for me to go knock on customer's doors, even slipping and mentioning that I should use my own vehicle for this, all the while not looking at me or making eye contact at all. Looked everywhere but at me. Felt very uncomfortable. Then mentioned that my salary request was too high and the best they could offer was 10-13K less (and that's supposed to be close?) and all but pushed me out the door, although I was ready to run anyway. The interviewer left me with a bad taste for the whole company, just seemed underhanded and somewhat shady.

Interview Questions

• Crazily enough, they didn't ask me a single real question. Not about anything on my resume, my past experience, why I might have wanted to work there - nothing. The only real question was if I'd have a problem knocking on someone's door and asking for their payment (what I was told on the phone that I wouldn't have to do).   Answer Question