AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Senior Scientist II/III Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Eight plus hours. Interviews with 13 people and a one hour presentation which I gave to the group. It was a very long day, but by the end of it I had a clear picture of the group and the job.

Interview Questions

• The only "classic" interview question I got was, "how would you handle a coworker who you knew was wrong about something important?"
      Other than that, they were interested in exploring the extent of my skill set and what kind of person I am – they wanted to make sure I would be a good fit for the team.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The only non-negotiable items are vacation time and the pension plan time line.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Maidenhead, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 5 steps, one to one, followed by a panel interview, then a numerical and verbal reasoning test. Interview with Departmental Director, finally an interview with product director. The offer then followed a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• What motivated my to buy a pushbike when I was 15?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Spoke to HR. Short interview. Surprised that after 20 minutes it was done. Referenced the hiring manager for all my questions. Seemed that she was in a hurry from the beginning of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• What innovation have you offered in your current role?   Answer Question

QC Micro Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Worcester, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and in-depth.
    Common to start as temp to perm.
    Hang in there- the company is awesome to work for!
    I found the people interviewing me were very personable and down to earth. They were attentive to time spent shuffling me between dept. heads and managers during the interview process. I felt the interview process was pleasant and left feeling good about the company. The managers seem to hold personal job related experiences equal to, or above education background.

Interview Questions

• 1) To demonstrate liquid dilution on a white board.
      2) They will ask what your perceived weaknesses are.
      3) They will be interested in "off-time" activities and military experience.
      4) They hold written recommendations in high regards. Have at least 3 or 4 references.
      1 Answer

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview with the hiring manager and then was invited for an onsite interview in North Chicago. During the my visit I gave a presentation on my recent work and then did one-on-one interviews with the all the members of the team where the open position is.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and was then invited for an onsite interview. During the visit I gave a presentation on my recent work and did one-on-one interviews with the members of the team where the open position is.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite smooth although it took about 4 months in all.
    HR did the first screening followed by Technical Screening by Management.
    Interview process is stringent thus it is best that any person who applies knows his/her domain the best.
    AbbVie is very focussed in hiring people with the appropriate skill sets.
    Have specific examples that support your experience.
    Interview process at AbbVie is fairly open and they appreciate honest interaction.

Interview Questions

• About my background and experience in handling of my Domain as that was what the management was really interested in.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie in January 2016.

Interview

The process was very fast. It only took 4 interviews in about two weeks. One with HR one with hiring manager, one with the unit directorband one with the General manager. They knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate. HR dept was very professional and always reachable to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Champaign, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

On campus 2 in-person 30 min interviews with Behavior based question expecting STAR format responses. Started with basic overview of path to HR, measuring desire and passion for the field, followed by behavior based questions. Behavior based questions keyed in on emotional intelligence, situational awareness, decisiveness, leadership, agility and accountability. Questions tied in very closely to AbbVie philosophy of The Ways We Work..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decisive decision without having all the necessary information in-front of you?   Answer Question

Senior Research Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR person after having a half-hour, face to face, interview with a senior statistical consultant at a career fair. The interview day consisted of a block of 4, 45mins interviews following lunch with two of my potential peers in the company. Then I gave a talk about my research in front of PhD statisticians (senior director to manager level) from their clinical statistics and biometrics group and after that I was in for anothe 4 -35-40 mins interviews with mostly more senior people in the department I was considered for.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a single situation where you had a professional disagreement with a person on your team and how did you resolve it?

Can you tell us one occasion where you creatively solved a statistical issue encountered during a project or a study you supported?
      Answer Question