AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Spoke to HR. Short interview. Surprised that after 20 minutes it was done. Referenced the hiring manager for all my questions. Seemed that she was in a hurry from the beginning of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• What innovation have you offered in your current role?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AbbVie (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 3 different stages. The first one was a personal interview with HR. The second one took place with a potential collegue and the last one with your potential manager. There were all 1:1 situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you have been a leader of your team?
      Why are you interested in the marketing field?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why are you interested in the pharmaceutical field?
      Answer Question

Group Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

spoke with external recruiter first, hiring manager by TC second (regarding my general background, skills, and interests), then in person interviews (about 5) at headquarters third (included a scientific presentation)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you faced a challenge at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

QC Micro Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Worcester, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and in-depth.
    Common to start as temp to perm.
    Hang in there- the company is awesome to work for!
    I found the people interviewing me were very personable and down to earth. They were attentive to time spent shuffling me between dept. heads and managers during the interview process. I felt the interview process was pleasant and left feeling good about the company. The managers seem to hold personal job related experiences equal to, or above education background.

Interview Questions

• 1) To demonstrate liquid dilution on a white board.
      2) They will ask what your perceived weaknesses are.
      3) They will be interested in "off-time" activities and military experience.
      4) They hold written recommendations in high regards. Have at least 3 or 4 references.
      1 Answer

CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

lengthy but simple. It ran for about 4 hrs with a 10 min break. Said they would get back to me in a day or so and they did. Offered me the position by the EOB same day.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview recently. Hiring manager (scientist of the department) contacted me based on my available time. It was very professional interview but at the same time very friendly. They want to ask technical and behavior questions at the same time. Interview process took 3 weeks after I applied online. It was positive experience.

Junior Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about 1.5 months after submitting my application. They scheduled an interview with the direct manager of the position. There was no first interview with HR or a phone interview first. The interview lasted about 1.5 hours and was with the department manager and an HR person from an outside company. I was told I'd hear back in a couple weeks, but didn't hear anything until 3 weeks later, even after emailing HR to check in at the 2 week mark. I received a form email that said they had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through my resume and mostly asked questions about my experience, especially working in a team, managing projects, my general career goals, why I was interested in the company. There were no surprises, it was very straightforward and I pretty much was asked every question I had prepared for before the interview.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interview processed. first one is the hr interview where standard behavioural questions were asked. Hr manager was very kind and They said the second interview would be with different managers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took a few weeks to process. Then got an interview. Briefly introduced the position and requirements, asked a few questions about CV. End well. No technical problems. Last about half an hour.

Commercial Excellence Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Phone with recruiter plus two Face To Face interactions with recruiting manager, HR Director and Senior Management Team, including presentation of specific previous experience.
    Also interviewed by the person currently in role, which added a lot of knowledge about the role and a number of insights about the team and the challenges.
    Good atmosphere on the one to one sessions, but some tension on the group presentation.

Interview Questions

• why do you believe you would be a good fit to this position   Answer Question