AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AbbVie Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It took about 2 months from scheduling phone interview to onsite interview. But the whole process went smoothly, most of people involved in the process were very professional. Had interview dinner on the night before interview, and then had a whole day one-to-one interview with about 14 interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Long (3-4 months). Job posted in Jan, applied mid-February, phone interview two weeks later, on-site interview three weeks after that. On-site interview involved pre-interview dinner with hiring manager and two scientists I would be on the same team with. Day-long interview was typical, 45 minute seminar, and 30 minute sessions with other scientists (principals, directors), lunch with junior scientists. Everyone was very polite and enthusiastic. Two weeks after in-person interview, was told that another candidate was chosen, though I was very close. Rating a negative overall experience because of length of interview process.

Senior Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Went through a recruiting agency. Initial phone screen (30 min) was pleasant and informal. Then was invited to a full day on-site interview (6 hrs) with the team. Met with managers, senior managers, and directors. The interview consisted of in-person meetings as well as meetings over webex.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a manager? What are the steps you take to write a CSR? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AbbVie in April 2017.

Interview

Interviews with several different people. It was internal move so it wasn't as intense as it would have been if I were coming in from the outside. The questions weeent difficult if you know the STAR process. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are STAR based and scripted from a procedure.   Answer Question

Finance Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview and was then asked to attend in person at their offices with the hiring manager and HR. Spent a day preparing and then 2 hours to drive to attend interview.

Interview Questions

• Usual experience, motivation and competency based interviews. There was no feedback whatsoever, despite me following up 2 times - rude, lazy HR people who couldn't even manage a polite "thanks but no thanks" - too busy spending their days liking each others' LinkedIn posts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AbbVie (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Interview consisted of a research presentation (forty-five minutes) followed by individual meetings with current employees (thirty minutes each). It lasted approximately five and a half hours. The offer was received shortly after via telephone.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AbbVie (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Very thorough, takes a day or more. You should have a few few days available to get through the entire process; keep in mind that you will be meeting various people throughout the organization who will ask you questions from a variety of perspectives. Keep your answers concise and don't equivocate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

30min phone interview (2 weeks after applying)
    in-person interview (3 weeks after phone interview)

I thought the interview went well and I followed up afterwards with thoughtful thank you notes. However, I didn't end up getting the position. I assumed someone with more education and experience was selected, but that was not the case. I believe this may have been a case of hiring discrimination, given there were no African Americans in leadership positions or within the group of 8 with whom I met.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse, inclusive organization with people who reflect the thousands of communities we serve around the world. It is our policy to employ qualified... More

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Spoke to HR. Short interview. Surprised that after 20 minutes it was done. Referenced the hiring manager for all my questions. Seemed that she was in a hurry from the beginning of the conversation.

CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

lengthy but simple. It ran for about 4 hrs with a 10 min break. Said they would get back to me in a day or so and they did. Offered me the position by the EOB same day.