AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview with the hiring manager and then was invited for an onsite interview in North Chicago. During the my visit I gave a presentation on my recent work and then did one-on-one interviews with the all the members of the team where the open position is.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and was then invited for an onsite interview. During the visit I gave a presentation on my recent work and did one-on-one interviews with the members of the team where the open position is.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

To describe the interview process, it was on campus at my school. I went to career fair and then to an information session. Got a text the next day about an interview. I attended the interview, it was about 30 minutes long. A week later I received feedback on whether I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience academically, major projects, culturally, and your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AbbVie in September 2016.

Interview

Initial conversation was over the phone with hiring manager. Was then brought in for 3 hour interview with 30min 1:1 meetings with each of the department heads. Last meeting was with HR to discuss salary. Was given an offer two days later that was highly competitive with other local companies.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had conflicting deadlines and how did you address this issue.   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AbbVie (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minutes long. 15 minutes consisting of behavioral questions followed by 15 minutes of technical questions, Very straight forward and low pressure environment. On the easier side of interviews. Very relateable interviewer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Overall, there were delays in communication with HR.
    - The first interview was with the hiring manager and it was a very informal conversation. This was cut short in order to accommodate for an add-hoc interview.
    - Three of the interviewers pulled out papers with generic questions which made it seem very coached and repetitive after a while.
    - HR was not involved in the in-person interviews and unavailable for f/u questions.
    - I received positive feedback from all interviewers on-site & in emails afterwards, yet did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as a new manager coming on-board?   Answer Question
    • Identify a time/event that you were put in a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Phone Call interview. I was asked about various items on my resume and briefly questioned about
    pertinent prerequisites. Very relaxed interview that was thoughtfully executed. Overall, I had an exceptionally positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you demonstrated (some attribute relating to resume).   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbbVie (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. You talked about your research for most of the time and they ask some follow up questions if they are interested. So far I only went through the first round (on-campus) and I don't know when will the second round happen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, and why do you think you can be a good fit to the company   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

the hiring manager called and asked lots of technical questions. I just answered based on my own experience. In the end, he was asked about my career goal. The whole process lasted 30 min. It was a pretty casual chat. Be relax and good luck.

Global Convention Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

They seemed to be in a state of flux and not quite sure what they're looking for. Short interviews with a lot of people. I think allowing a slightly longer interview with less people would be more beneficial. It felt rushed.