Abbott Labs Interview Questions in Abbott Park, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transparency Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Call from internal recruiter to schedule interview. Brief lunch introduction with members of team followed by a series of one on one interviews. Behavior questions and focus on background. Call back two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you disagreed with your Manager and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Interview

Interviewed for three different positions within Legal (ended up being hired for the third one). Interviews were all pleasant, pretty much what you'd expect but despite several call backs to meet with numerous people for each opening, I was never notified that they had selected someone else for the first two positions. The entire process took almost 3 months before they made me an offer.

Senior Process Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the company website. About 30+ days later I received an email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview reviewed resume highlights, plus some what have you done at your current position that pertains to this job. Was asked to visit the site after the phone interview, and give a 1 hour talk. Interviewed with 3 managers and went to lunch with team. Was told that I would hear from them in 1 week either way. Got an offer the following Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer had different approaches: Manager A reviewed my resume and asked about specific projects and problems I solved. Manager B aske behavior type question plus some off the wall questions (e.g., What drives you to do what you like). Manager C asked similar questions as Manager A but also asked more detailed questions about my talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was called by HR to ask about current compensation history. They followed up the next day with the official offer package, and was able to negotiate

Chemist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty fast. Submitted my resume through 3rd party recruiting agency, got offer in 2 weeks. I attended 3 different interviews with team leaders of 3 different groups in 2 days (applied for 3 positions). People were very friendly, had a chance to get a tour through facility in 2 cases of 3.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL).

Interview

Got called by recruiter and went to the interview and answered various questions about my history.Talked to the trainer for the position, had a long discussion about my work experience and the specifics of the position and what the day to day related tasks would be for this position, was specified that it was only a contract opportunity. The trainer was really good at explaining the day to day tasks and what work had to be completed, provided a lot of information and worked with me for the work that had to be completed when the job started.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have concerning the job you are applying for?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy questions, you got the interview so try and stand out from the other students who are just as smart as you. They care about your work ethic and personality the most.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to diversify yourself   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

Intern In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL).

Interview

It was a very well organized interview process and really not that bad. There were 3 back to back interviews in one afternoon. They asked a lot of typical questions, such as walking them through my resume and experience, and to recount experiences related to teamwork, leadership, handling conflict etc. Basically each interviewer will use different wording to ask about the same competencies so that they can rate you. Just be prepared to be consistent and have some solid examples from your work history ready to discuss.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with others that you were working with and how you handled it   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL).

Interview

Interview process was succint and informative. Very well-organized. I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and short.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview was with the manager and the questions were pretty standard. We went over my resume and discussed how my qualifications/experience matched the position. About two weeks later, I was brought into the office for a telepresence interview with the person I spoke to for the phone interview as well as his manager. They talked a lot about the background of the division and the position description. The questions to me were similar to my phone interview--it seemed like the interview was mostly for the benefit of the manager's manager. Later that day, the manager called and offered me the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. One question was about how I would communicate with members of the IT department. This was difficult only because I was confused as to how this would be any different than communicating with anyone else.   Answer Question