Abbott Labs Associate Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2015.

Interview

Basic Questions on Architect experience and how my role fits into the organization. Described job duties and function in organization. I was also a familiar person so they referenced my past work experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Labs

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (North Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Contract company. Interview was three panel interviews with 1-2 managers and coworkers. The interviews were 15 to 30 minutes each. Each interview asked roughly the same question but a couple of different questions. None were too hard. They are only trying to see if you will work well with the group.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about being a scientist?   2 Answers

Negotiation

N/A

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a whole day interview with eight members of the team. The interview was very detailed and technical with questions varying depending on the person. It was very professional. The interview can vary from area to area. Good preparation always helps.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, situational questions (group work, etc.). Second interview with hiring manager and senior scientist - technical, scientific and scientific experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe UV-Vis spectrophotometry, how to determine protein concentration.   Answer Question
    • How would you determine the amount of protein in your sample from an HPLC chromatogram?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary, accepted as a first job (new grad). I recommend negotiating!

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2008.

Interview

1-1 interview with HR
    1-1 interview with the reporting manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate