Abbott Labs Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview was with the manager and the questions were pretty standard. We went over my resume and discussed how my qualifications/experience matched the position. About two weeks later, I was brought into the office for a telepresence interview with the person I spoke to for the phone interview as well as his manager. They talked a lot about the background of the division and the position description. The questions to me were similar to my phone interview--it seemed like the interview was mostly for the benefit of the manager's manager. Later that day, the manager called and offered me the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. One question was about how I would communicate with members of the IT department. This was difficult only because I was confused as to how this would be any different than communicating with anyone else.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Labs

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I originally interviewed in January 2012 and was told I was their top candidate. However, after 7 weeks the position was unfortunatelly cancelled. I decided to keep in touch with the recruiter and I was contacted again in May 2012 for a second interview for another position. I interviewed and I was offered the position. First interview in Jan was with 4 managers and the second interview was with 3 managers. 1 on 1 discussions for about an hour each. Managers were super friendly and very comforting. It was a nice, casual interview. No behavioral questions, no accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations. I told them what I wanted and I received an offer which exceeded my expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Basic day interview then email offer

Negotiation

No negotiation or room for it.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clonmel (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Clonmel (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Had a screening call with HR for about 10 minutes followed 2 weeks later by more in-depth call with Abbott recruiter, about 30 minutes long.
    HR subsequently emailed interview confirmation, two interviews back to back with one person in each interview. He said I would have feedback if not a decision by end of same week.

On the day it ended up being 3 interviews back to back with 4 people in total. The interviews were conversational rather than formal. However they did not ask many probing questions or ask for many examples so I got the feeling they had already picked a successful candidate before meeting me.

Despite assurances of hearing feedback / decision by end of same week, it was in fact 3 full weeks later before they sent a generic email confirming that my application was unsuccessful. I replied seeking specific feedback but they did not respond. Found this disappointing after making a big effort for the interview, plus being ambushed on the day by extra interviews and extra people. Unprofessional on Abbott's part.
    Couple of generic points; the office looked nice. They emphasised Abbott's "meeting-heavy" culture.