Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.9

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager and then on-site interview with 4 managers and one technical specialist. Mostly asking questions regarding past work experience. Receiving offer in a week. the whole process was smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

Interview

tipycal 3 pat\rt process interview fist call. first contact, secon interview , group interview aftercupke of day a call then the third interview after that they make an offer the the test and all paperwork and the you start whit the training

Interview Questions

• where do you see you in five years   1 Answer

Medical Device Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Incompetent HR person reviewing candidate resumes. Hiring managers should be the only person looking at resumes. HR people have never carried a bag in the field, therefor have no idea what a successful sales person looks like. Those who can’t sell become HR! Also,
    Find better recruiters to get candidates.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I applied for a Co-op position at St. Jude Medical (now Abbott). Few weeks later I received an e-mail for scheduling a phone interview. After the process there was no feedback from the recruiter regarding our conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in a few days. I had an informal interview with Talent. Then I scheduled a day to come in and had a 3 round interview. One with Talent, one with the hiring manager and a final interview with the hiring manager's boss. The interview questions were nothing surprising, it looks like they're just making sure you are going to be a fit to work with and that your competent for the job. Got an offer the next day.

Screening Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Gretna, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

A week after applying, the HR person called to talk to me about the job and schedule an interview. They called back a few hours after my interview, offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about youself. What do you do at your current job? What did you like best about going to your college? Tell about your strengths.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minutes phone interview with a Staff Engineer working for Neuromodulation group. The initial 15 mins went smoothly and she basically introduced herself and the nature of work in her group and position requirements. It went downhill when she asked me about statistical analysis and gage methods. I wasn't prepared for those questions in a phone interview and gave vague answers.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (DeKalb, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It consisted of two 30 minute interviews with 2 interviewers in each room. They ask behavioral questions that have you explain a problem as well how a solution was reached.

Interview Questions

• Typical Behavioral Questions were asked. Be prepared to answer many of these types of questions. For example: Recall a time you worked with someone difficult. How did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Bloomington, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an automated online interview as well as an on-campus dinner and interview. The interview was fairly straightforward. The interviewers were incredibly nice people, you could tell that they are proud to work for Abbott. I could tell that it was incredibly important that I networked well at the dinner they are clearly looking for a good personality fit as well as academic.

Interview Questions

• Why were you interested in working a job in finance in the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Waukegan, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewer lacked proper skills and was either looking for a date; wanted to talk about himself for 25 minutes; or knew he did not want me for the job - even though my background was a near perfect match for the position. Seven (7) other recruiting firms have tried to present me for this 'same' position. I told them that I have already been submitted, interviewed; and the interviewer wants to go with other candidates. It's OK, and it was his choice, the questions below are actual - I could not make this up.

Interview Questions

• Where did you grow up?   Answer Question
    • Where do you live now?   Answer Question
    • Did you notice that I do not have a Texas twang?   Answer Question
    • Did you know that only my children here my Texas twang when I get angry? I get angry a lot.   1 Answer
    • There will be Drama in this position, how do YOU deal with Drama?   Answer Question
    • How did you feel when you were part of a collaborative team?   Answer Question