Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Medical Device Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Incompetent HR person reviewing candidate resumes. Hiring managers should be the only person looking at resumes. HR people have never carried a bag in the field, therefor have no idea what a successful sales person looks like. Those who can’t sell become HR! Also,
    Find better recruiters to get candidates.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I applied for a Co-op position at St. Jude Medical (now Abbott). Few weeks later I received an e-mail for scheduling a phone interview. After the process there was no feedback from the recruiter regarding our conversation.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minutes phone interview with a Staff Engineer working for Neuromodulation group. The initial 15 mins went smoothly and she basically introduced herself and the nature of work in her group and position requirements. It went downhill when she asked me about statistical analysis and gage methods. I wasn't prepared for those questions in a phone interview and gave vague answers.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (DeKalb, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It consisted of two 30 minute interviews with 2 interviewers in each room. They ask behavioral questions that have you explain a problem as well how a solution was reached.

Interview Questions

• Typical Behavioral Questions were asked. Be prepared to answer many of these types of questions. For example: Recall a time you worked with someone difficult. How did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Waukegan, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewer lacked proper skills and was either looking for a date; wanted to talk about himself for 25 minutes; or knew he did not want me for the job - even though my background was a near perfect match for the position. Seven (7) other recruiting firms have tried to present me for this 'same' position. I told them that I have already been submitted, interviewed; and the interviewer wants to go with other candidates. It's OK, and it was his choice, the questions below are actual - I could not make this up.

Interview Questions

• Where did you grow up?   Answer Question
    • Where do you live now?   Answer Question
    • Did you notice that I do not have a Texas twang?   Answer Question
    • Did you know that only my children here my Texas twang when I get angry? I get angry a lot.   1 Answer
    • There will be Drama in this position, how do YOU deal with Drama?   Answer Question
    • How did you feel when you were part of a collaborative team?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Abbott at their Chicago. The process took one week. First I was contacted by the recruiter. The HR is a very nice and warm person. Then I had a technical phone round with the manager. I was selected for the in-person interview. The interview process was great. But the company is not reliable at all. Via email, I was told that I have been hired. This was on a Friday. They called me for a drug test on Monday and then on Monday they sent out an email saying that they had hit a snag and goofed up on the workforce count and no longer have the necessary resources to hire me. They also said that they will look into it and try and correct this glitch. Its been 3 weeks and I haven't heard from them neither are they replying to my emails. I suggest extreme caution when dealing with Abbott. #unprofessionalConduct.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume and some basic questions. In the in-person interview i was given a business case and asked to build the star schema and explain the entire process. asked basic SQL questions.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did a digital interview using HireVue in September 2017. I didn't get into the next round which was held on campus. The digital interview took about 20 minutes, I had three multiple choices and six interview questions. Interview questions are something like the reason why you want to work in Abbot, tell us your greatest achievement, what feedback you received from your previous boss.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Very informal at a restaurant in an international airport. The one manager was over 2 hours late and very rude. Seems like a great company, was very disappointed because I think his lateness affected my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview was an in person interview with the hiring manager and another engineer. Both interviews were one on one. The first interview lasted about 35 minutes, the second one lasted about 25 minutes with the hiring manager ending it early to go to a meeting. They seemed overworked and under-prepared

Interview Questions

• About a time when one of my projects did not turn out how I expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

A brief phone interview for an intern position with Abbott. The position was for sophomores so didn't move forward with the process. A easy interview process with a really nice interviewer.