Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

281 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Very informal at a restaurant in an international airport. The one manager was over 2 hours late and very rude. Seems like a great company, was very disappointed because I think his lateness affected my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview was an in person interview with the hiring manager and another engineer. Both interviews were one on one. The first interview lasted about 35 minutes, the second one lasted about 25 minutes with the hiring manager ending it early to go to a meeting. They seemed overworked and under-prepared

Interview Questions

• About a time when one of my projects did not turn out how I expected.   Answer Question

Transparency Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Call from internal recruiter to schedule interview. Brief lunch introduction with members of team followed by a series of one on one interviews. Behavior questions and focus on background. Call back two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you disagreed with your Manager and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Bluff, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Lake Bluff, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was three panel interviews with the scientists, manager/schedulers, and the supervisors. 30 min each for a total of 1.5h. Everyone was really approachable, they started by talking about themselves a bit to give me time to ease my nerves. The questions were mostly the standard behavior type questions, and a few about my undergrad research. I don't think any technical questions were asked, since it is a entry-level position. Overall, it was enjoyable!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

A brief phone interview for an intern position with Abbott. The position was for sophomores so didn't move forward with the process. A easy interview process with a really nice interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good experience. The recruiter called me few days after i submitted by profile online. I knew someone inside the company so that helped. She scheduled the interview on a Monday but had to rescheduie it becuase of an emergency company meeting and she was understanding

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Five-hour interview with 8 different people who came in at 30-minute intervals. It was exhausting and misleading. I thought they were interested and it certainly appeared this way. Did they already have an internal candidate in mind and had to go through the exercise of wasting everyone's time with pretend interviews? I guess I will never know for sure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job. Tell me about a time where people disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in April 2017.

Interview

Three round of interview including an onsite interview with the team and a guided tour of the facility. I was waiting for 6 weeks and then was informed the position was canceled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

1) Resume shortlisting - Based upon strong academics, Leadership qualities, Relevant internships
    2) Group Discussion Round - Mini case given to basically understand the candidates approach to real life situations
    3) Case Interview
    4) Stress Interview with the Senior Leadership
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview Questions

• Q. Was asked to solve a case related to the pharmaceutical industry.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I applied online throught the company website. Then I was invited in to be screened through an HR Recruiter. After that I was invited in to meet the hiring manager. All went well.

Interview Questions

• What additional experiences that would be beneficial in this role?   Answer Question