Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Interview

Interviewed for three different positions within Legal (ended up being hired for the third one). Interviews were all pleasant, pretty much what you'd expect but despite several call backs to meet with numerous people for each opening, I was never notified that they had selected someone else for the first two positions. The entire process took almost 3 months before they made me an offer.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on the website and then received an invitation to do a video interview. After the video interview I was invited to have a face to face interview with the hiring manager and a couple other people. Before my face to face interview, I had to do an online personality test that took about an hour. It was pretty easy. After a couple weeks, I was asked to come in and interview with the hiring manager again to gage my interest in the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why Abbott? Tell me about yourself, Take me through your resume.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

I met with Abbott during a career fair. They are very approachable people, but getting an interview with them is super competitive. You really only have a few minutes to sell yourself in the initial stages, and if you don't stand out in some way don't expect a call back.

Financial Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

The process was very fast; about 5 weeks total. I was contacted for a phone interview, than a week later a in person interview with 4 different managers and two days later I had an offer. Then I started about 3weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to lead and make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY).

Interview

They had a third party company conduct the interview process. Started with a 25 question questionnaire, then phone interview, and final was being offered an in person interview. Still waiting for an answer.

Interview Questions

• What’s your opinion of the role of learning in sales?   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked for an in-person interview and interviewed with multiple rounds of people over a 2 hour period. It was tedious, but altogether a pleasant experience. They were very respectful and candid.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with it?   Answer Question

American Sales Training Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over a 4-week period. Their hiring process is tedious and long. First I completed a digital interview, followed by a phone interview. After that i met 3 different times with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions

• What are the skills that you believe you can bring to this company?   Answer Question

Senior Process Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the company website. About 30+ days later I received an email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview reviewed resume highlights, plus some what have you done at your current position that pertains to this job. Was asked to visit the site after the phone interview, and give a 1 hour talk. Interviewed with 3 managers and went to lunch with team. Was told that I would hear from them in 1 week either way. Got an offer the following Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer had different approaches: Manager A reviewed my resume and asked about specific projects and problems I solved. Manager B aske behavior type question plus some off the wall questions (e.g., What drives you to do what you like). Manager C asked similar questions as Manager A but also asked more detailed questions about my talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was called by HR to ask about current compensation history. They followed up the next day with the official offer package, and was able to negotiate

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was a prerecorded interview. Was interesting but kind of confusing because Ive never done that before. A question comes up on your screen, you have 30 secs to read and come up with an answer. Then you have 2-3 min to record a video of your answer. You only have one try and then the next question comes up.

Patent Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first stage was an online interview via Hirevue. There are four questions and you are given about three minutes each to answer each question. After one week, I received an email and was scheduled for an in-person interview at their headquarters. I did a one-on-one interview with four people plus the Hiring Manager.