Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Intern Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

CV discussion, and job description. phone interview was enough. There was no need for a physical presence. It lasts for only 30-45 mins. Many people were interviewed by the same way for internships, but for a fixed position it will be different

Interview Questions

• Why do you want us rather than other companies?
      Tell us about yourself
      Answer Question

PDP Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2016.

Interview

Sehr freundliches Telefoninterview, gefolgt von Assessment Center.
    Letzteres war nicht ganz so professionell und transparent organisiert wie von vergleichbaren Firmen, aber fand in sehr angenehmer Atmosphäre statt.
    Aufgaben waren Entwicklung eines Geschäftsmodells mit Vortrag, wobei die Vorbereitung auch mit beobachtet wurde, sowie Einzelinterviews am Nachmittag.
    Ich habe am Ende nach einer weiteren Einladung zu Gesprächen ein Angebot für eine andere Stelle erhalten und angenommen.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clonmel (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Clonmel (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Had a screening call with HR for about 10 minutes followed 2 weeks later by more in-depth call with Abbott recruiter, about 30 minutes long.
    HR subsequently emailed interview confirmation, two interviews back to back with one person in each interview. He said I would have feedback if not a decision by end of same week.

On the day it ended up being 3 interviews back to back with 4 people in total. The interviews were conversational rather than formal. However they did not ask many probing questions or ask for many examples so I got the feeling they had already picked a successful candidate before meeting me.

Despite assurances of hearing feedback / decision by end of same week, it was in fact 3 full weeks later before they sent a generic email confirming that my application was unsuccessful. I replied seeking specific feedback but they did not respond. Found this disappointing after making a big effort for the interview, plus being ambushed on the day by extra interviews and extra people. Unprofessional on Abbott's part.
    Couple of generic points; the office looked nice. They emphasised Abbott's "meeting-heavy" culture.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Bluff, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Lake Bluff, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was three panel interviews with the scientists, manager/schedulers, and the supervisors. 30 min each for a total of 1.5h. Everyone was really approachable, they started by talking about themselves a bit to give me time to ease my nerves. The questions were mostly the standard behavior type questions, and a few about my undergrad research. I don't think any technical questions were asked, since it is a entry-level position. Overall, it was enjoyable!

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

They use experienced based interview questions, please see the question types below. Its important to go through your resume and have examples with each employer. During work keep a file so you can record all your successes for future reflection. This helps when you negotiate for your salary based on your successes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict and how you resolved it.
      Tell us about a time where you out performed your co workers.
      Tell us about a time where you failed.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

They are reasonable, but accountants run the company. It all comes down to the bottom line. Keep stressing your return on investment.

Disbursements Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

3 rounds, 1 with sourcing team, another with recruitment team and last with hiring manager, competency based, focused on attitude rather than technical skills. I was kept up to date on the process and on the progress too. Everything went well and their decision came very fast too.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

A brief phone interview for an intern position with Abbott. The position was for sophomores so didn't move forward with the process. A easy interview process with a really nice interviewer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

After 3 interview rondsturen with different People the selection was made. The interviews were challenging yet rewarding. I liked the involvement of the vice-president. Everyone was enthousiast about the function and the company

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good experience. The recruiter called me few days after i submitted by profile online. I knew someone inside the company so that helped. She scheduled the interview on a Monday but had to rescheduie it becuase of an emergency company meeting and she was understanding

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Five-hour interview with 8 different people who came in at 30-minute intervals. It was exhausting and misleading. I thought they were interested and it certainly appeared this way. Did they already have an internal candidate in mind and had to go through the exercise of wasting everyone's time with pretend interviews? I guess I will never know for sure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job. Tell me about a time where people disagreed with you.   Answer Question