Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY).

Interview

They had a third party company conduct the interview process. Started with a 25 question questionnaire, then phone interview, and final was being offered an in person interview. Still waiting for an answer.

Interview Questions

• What’s your opinion of the role of learning in sales?   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked for an in-person interview and interviewed with multiple rounds of people over a 2 hour period. It was tedious, but altogether a pleasant experience. They were very respectful and candid.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with it?   Answer Question

American Sales Training Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over a 4-week period. Their hiring process is tedious and long. First I completed a digital interview, followed by a phone interview. After that i met 3 different times with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions

• What are the skills that you believe you can bring to this company?   Answer Question

Senior Process Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the company website. About 30+ days later I received an email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview reviewed resume highlights, plus some what have you done at your current position that pertains to this job. Was asked to visit the site after the phone interview, and give a 1 hour talk. Interviewed with 3 managers and went to lunch with team. Was told that I would hear from them in 1 week either way. Got an offer the following Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer had different approaches: Manager A reviewed my resume and asked about specific projects and problems I solved. Manager B aske behavior type question plus some off the wall questions (e.g., What drives you to do what you like). Manager C asked similar questions as Manager A but also asked more detailed questions about my talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was called by HR to ask about current compensation history. They followed up the next day with the official offer package, and was able to negotiate

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was a prerecorded interview. Was interesting but kind of confusing because Ive never done that before. A question comes up on your screen, you have 30 secs to read and come up with an answer. Then you have 2-3 min to record a video of your answer. You only have one try and then the next question comes up.

Patent Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first stage was an online interview via Hirevue. There are four questions and you are given about three minutes each to answer each question. After one week, I received an email and was scheduled for an in-person interview at their headquarters. I did a one-on-one interview with four people plus the Hiring Manager.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The Abbott process is very lengthy with eight interviews completed. You will know the company and department well by the end of the process so there should be no surprises. Abbott does a good job with interview technology (Hire right is similar to Skype) and the Abbott recruiting team is caring and personable. I was deeply invested in Abbott after eight interviews including many hours of research and preparation and it was a great disappointment not to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Abbott? Be prepared with lots of research on the company products, it's culture and values to demonstrate that you are a good fit.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Gained a lot of knowledge and experience from this interview. Positive and encouraging but very rigorous at the same time. They were extremely thorough with what they were precisely looking for in a candidate. Covered a gamut of topics ranging from the best career moment to what I do for fun. Quite tedious but very helpful. Mostly based on behavioral questions with one or two technical questions thrown into the mix.

Interview Questions

• A Lot of STAR based questions about my past work experience and also some personal events.   Answer Question

Financial Supervisor Interview

Interview

Complete waste of my time and disrespectful. The department already knew who they wanted to hire but had to post the position due to policy. A top heavy company looking for more management within the department. Literally all chiefs, zero indians.

Interview Questions

• Hardly any. Short interviews mostly dialogue.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position in March and was invited for an interview a couple of weeks later. I had a panel interview with 4 people, all of whom gave me over-the-top, positive feedback. They truly raved about my responses and my experience. The HR rep told me I was only competing with one other candidate, and even if this position didn't work out, he wanted to consider me for other openings he was trying to fill. He said a decision would be made the next day. I walked out feeling great, like I had the job, or at least a great shot at A job. After 3 weeks of silence, I emailed to follow up and received a response a few days after that, saying that the position had been given to an internal candidate. Not a word was said about considering me for other open positions. I was invited to continue watching the website for openings that interested me. The following month I went on to take a position with another company. In May, the highest-level person from my panel interview called me out of the blue and said a similar position had opened up at a different location, and she'd been so impressed with my initial interview that she'd promised herself she'd reach out to me if any new openings arose. She told me there were 2 open positions and essentially, they just needed to decide which one was the best fit for me. She told me she was excited that I hadn't "slipped through their fingers". Again I was given every indication it was a "done deal". I was asked to come interview at the other location, which was an hour and a half from my house. At the interview, I was quickly steered toward the higher-level position of the two available openings and interviewed accordingly. It didn't seem I was even being considered for the lesser role, which I had clearly expressed interest in, since the director told me it was a "seed pool" for later promotions. Following the interview...3 more weeks of silence. I sent an email to the director who had initially reached out to me and it was ignored. So I called the facility where I'd interviewed to follow up. I wasn't given an answer, but was promised a phone call within a day or 2 "either way". It definitely sounded like the decision had been made, and I doubted I'd been selected. Now 2 more weeks have passed with no word. My experience with this company was an emotional roller coaster and I feel their interviewing and recruiting practices are deplorable. It is so unprofessional and disrespectful to essentially promise a person a job - twice - and then never even provide the courtesy of a "no" answer and closure.

Interview Questions

• Personality-based questions. "Give an example of a time X happened and how you handled it."   Answer Question