Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I did an online interview through the app Hirevue. It was difficult to feel good about the interview because it was online. This happened after I submitted a resume. They contacted me within a few weeks with an available position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New Orleans, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

One behavioral based interview. This interview was not difficult but interviewed at a conference so may have a different experience. Make sure to have an understanding of the company and questions prepared to ask.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

No technical questions, everything was based on soft skills. They wanted to know that you would be able to learn how they do things. Typically you will meet with four different people. Lunch was included as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only negotiable thing was start date

Senior Technical Support Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Arrived from airport. Gave a 30-40 minute talk about my research as a graduate student. Met with hiring manager / director. Met with other managers in the group individually for ~ 30 min each. Altogether, about 5 - 6 people. Only the first meeting with the group director really felt like an interview. It was back and forth questioning asking. Some small talk, but mostly trying to get a feel for who I was. The rest of the interviewers were more about small talk.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

This is a good experience I was interviewed by 5 people.
    I was referred by my friend, and it takes one week to onsite, so I didn't have phone technical interview.
    The interview went to smoothly, and the environment is great.

Interview Questions

• behavior questions: 1.What is your career plan in 5 years.
      2. Can you tell me what will you do if you find you can't meet the deadline of a project.
      3. Why did you choose Statistics as your major?
      Technical questions: 1. What is boosting.
      2. some details in my resume.
      3. How to use SAS do table merge.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I gave a one hour presentation followed by questions. The rest of the day consisted of individual and panel interviews. The interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. I was also given a tour of the facility.

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Career Fair. One Attempt. Friendly and nice. Seemed that the interviewers were not so much as interested in who the person is but rather if they would be a perfect fit for the requirements of the position. Seemed much more GPA based and credential based rather than personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us everything that you can think of that goes into packaging?   1 Answer

Point of Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy phone screen second phase requires sales simulation; review of previous background
    prefer consultative selling style. Laboratory selling experience a plus but will consider other B2B; final interview included 2 managers and a sales rep

Director Interview

Interview

Interviews were well arranged and according to your schedule as well. Questions are to the point and brief. Expect to the point answers; High value placed on values and knowledge of the organization

FPDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through on campus career site and was invited for first round interview on campus. The interview consisted of review of transcript with a manger of all grades as well as an explanation for some classes and the average grade received. Following that there is a 30 min interview with the head recruiter for the FPDP program. It is very intense, with multiple behavioral questions that must be answered in a star format. Must be able to show leadership as well as ability to work well with others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you were you were innovative in a work environment, and how were you able to convince your managers and coworkers when faced with criticism?   Answer Question