Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Country Lake, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Country Lake, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

very long with recruiter. then with Abbott for about two hours and with a panel of people asking the same questions, just to see how honest you are. just be yourself and be very honest cause they can see through you and really just want to

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter. Initially, I talked to someone from their HR department and this person arranged my screenings/interviews. I then had two separate phone screenings with the hiring manger and a statistician. Both asked questions about my expertise in Statistics.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Type I, II, and III Errors?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important assumption to check in Cox Proportional Hazards Modeling?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

took a month form phone to in-person interview. Went 2 times to meet different managers and team members. Took them couple of days after the whole process to offer the job. After that the recruitment process was easy. Typical health screen, background check and paperwork, all goes pretty smooth.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had to drive out to their location to interview and met with their group and learned about who they make and how they make it. And their products and what I may possible be doing in the future with them if they I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weak and strong points   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very chilled out as it was for a contract position. They wanted someone in their Doc Control group who could be a good fit. They wanted someone who was detail oriented and who had a sense of humour

Interview Questions

• What would you do on a Saturday Afternoon?   1 Answer

Information Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person panel interview consisting of 3 interviews with 2 people each. They all asked basic behavioral interview questions. Finally, there was a follow-up interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encouraged a coworker, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Manager - IT Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Libertyville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through my LinkedIn profile by an Abbott recruiter. After initial interviews was called in person to interview with the entire IT Procurement team - Senior Manager to Senior Directors.

Interview Questions

• The interview went very well mainly focused on my resume. The only specific question I can recall is one of the Director's asking me to walk him through entire terms and conditions of an IT agreement.
      Other questions revolved around the process of stakeholder's alignment and discussion of saving on some of the big projects on my resume.

It was about 5 hours interview in total and a couple of them on the phone due to non availability of two of the directors on the day, at premise.

I was later informed that I was too senior for the role and my salary expectations were high by one of the senior manager, after repeated follow up.

The bad experience came from the fact that the recruiter never picked up a phone to inform about the negative decision despite repeated requests. Need to see more professionalism from the recruiter, especially for senior positions where a lot of time was devoted for the interview process. II guess, its the old school mind set.
      Answer Question

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was lengthy. There was a phone interview and then several hours of in-person interviews, including a lunch meeting. The people were interesting to meet with and they were from a variety of areas in the company. They were helpful in answering my questions. I also found the process to be very well organized.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about interpretation of loan agreements   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Four people interviewed me. After self-introduction, they asked me whether I'm detail-oriented person, cause this job contains a lot documentation. They also asked about the experience and introduced the detailed work process and benefits. The atmosphere is welcome.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

It took place over several weeks. Phone then Panel Interview, followed by a 1 on 1 interview.
    The interview were first from HR. Then Manager had a detail Interview. Technical interview by a technician.