Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

Senior Manager - IT Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Libertyville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through my LinkedIn profile by an Abbott recruiter. After initial interviews was called in person to interview with the entire IT Procurement team - Senior Manager to Senior Directors.

Interview Questions

• The interview went very well mainly focused on my resume. The only specific question I can recall is one of the Director's asking me to walk him through entire terms and conditions of an IT agreement.
      Other questions revolved around the process of stakeholder's alignment and discussion of saving on some of the big projects on my resume.

It was about 5 hours interview in total and a couple of them on the phone due to non availability of two of the directors on the day, at premise.

I was later informed that I was too senior for the role and my salary expectations were high by one of the senior manager, after repeated follow up.

The bad experience came from the fact that the recruiter never picked up a phone to inform about the negative decision despite repeated requests. Need to see more professionalism from the recruiter, especially for senior positions where a lot of time was devoted for the interview process. II guess, its the old school mind set.   Answer Question

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was lengthy. There was a phone interview and then several hours of in-person interviews, including a lunch meeting. The people were interesting to meet with and they were from a variety of areas in the company. They were helpful in answering my questions. I also found the process to be very well organized.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about interpretation of loan agreements   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Four people interviewed me. After self-introduction, they asked me whether I'm detail-oriented person, cause this job contains a lot documentation. They also asked about the experience and introduced the detailed work process and benefits. The atmosphere is welcome.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

It took place over several weeks. Phone then Panel Interview, followed by a 1 on 1 interview.
    The interview were first from HR. Then Manager had a detail Interview. Technical interview by a technician.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I was hired from within the company, so there was no interview questions. My manager at the time just called me into their office and offered me the job. Everyday you work at your job is an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Consumer Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Very easy and fast. Sit down with an employee then move to a panel interview that lead to your typical interview question that lasted about 45 minutes. Very easy interview, they made you feel relaxed and welcomed. Very friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Volunteer work and why did you pick that organization to work with.   Answer Question

Research and Development Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Libertyville, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The manager and two senior employees gave me a tour of the facility. We then moved to a conference room where they asked me the usual questions about my background and more pointed questions which seemed geared to gauge my ability to fit into the "Abbott Culture". They want to know if you can finish projects, work well with teammates, resolve conflicts and ask for help if you need it. Overall it was a very relaxed interview and one of the better interviews I've had during my job search.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you and a co-worker/manager disagreed and how did you resolve that conflict?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

My resume was internally passed onto to the employer by a contact of mine currently working in Abbott Diagnostics. I had an informal phone interview followed by an on-site interview. I had two back to back interviews with a 1) a group of the senior associate scientists and 2) the supervisors of the position. The team was extremely warm and not intimidating. I came in very prepared with a portfolio of my research experiences and they were impressed with it right from the start. The key was just being yourself. Abbott is looking to hire people not qualifications. The interviewer came right out and said they were looking for someone whose personality would fit into the team. I was asked some technical questions because this is a scientist job, but I had prepared for those and was not caught off guard by them. It is important to know your resume; they want to see that you actually did all the experiences you wrote about.

One point of advice: Abbott park is very big and complicated. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to find the building. I got to Abbott park an hour before my interview and that was the perfect amount of time because I did end up getting lost a few times trying to find the building.

Some questions they really appreciated were:
    1) What does a successful year in the position look like?
    2) What brought you to Abbott and why have you stayed for so many years?

Both questions got the interviewers really excited and ended the interview on a really positive note.

They take a while to get back to you. I was told they would get back to me in a week but did not hear from them until 2.5 weeks later. I emailed the team at around 2 weeks to follow-up and see if they required references and then the next day received a phone call I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were in a conflict with a superior at work and how you handled it?
      Talk about a time when you changed a process or practice at work and how you persuaded others to follow?
      What is the most important quality a scientist should have?   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I applied online through their website. After 10 days, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was asked questions related to the skill set required for the job primarily in C++. After a month, I had onsite interview with four of the employees. I was skeptical that they would fly me down as the interview schedule showed only one hour duration. HR confirmed it was just a convenient way to have me meet with multiple people in a shorter amount of time. Most of the interview was conducted by only one software engineer. A senior manager primarily acted as a time keeper. I had 5 mins to ask any questions.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL).

Interview

Got called by recruiter and went to the interview and answered various questions about my history.Talked to the trainer for the position, had a long discussion about my work experience and the specifics of the position and what the day to day related tasks would be for this position, was specified that it was only a contract opportunity. The trainer was really good at explaining the day to day tasks and what work had to be completed, provided a lot of information and worked with me for the work that had to be completed when the job started.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have concerning the job you are applying for?   1 Answer