Abbott Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Questions

• I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One round of interview on campus with a person from the management and an HR. Basic behavioral questions.
    They called back with response the next day, and invited people who got an offer to their site visit, which was great.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Abbott Park, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

IT Summer Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview

It took awhile to hear back from them. It was very stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. It was already plenty of money per hour.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

There was two rounds. One is technical round and another one is casual discussion. In the technical round, they asked some questions and asked my experience about Migration. Once they are fine , they told as I will have one discussion in 2 days. After two days, I had a discussion and they released offer on the same day

Interview Questions

• About my experience especially in previous migrations   1 Answer

QA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

There were variety of questions including personal skills, background, technical skills, knowledge of basics, communication skills and HR questions. Though the process was slow and did take a lot of time but patience is what got me till here.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you didnt know how to solve a problem and you struggled to find a person who could help you solve that?   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Very thorough and straightforward. This was a very professional environment and all of the people I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed my interactions with them and would have loved being a member of their team.

Interview Questions

• None, all were conducive to the posted position and the experience they were seeking to fulfill the requirements.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

I had an in with the manager so I already came in highly recommended. Spoke to a project manager on campus, wasn't very formal. We just went through my resume and talked about job fit and expectations. The work itself was not too hard so not a lot of technical questions were asked.

Finance Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume at a University Career Fair. Was contacted a week later to have an on campus interview with a director and manager. Mostly behavioral questions and very laid back. The interviewers emphasized that they wanted to make sure I was a good fit for Abbott, and Abbott was a good fit for me, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• In ten years time at Abbott, what are three things you would have hoped to accomplished   Answer Question

Process Engineer (COOP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barceloneta, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott Labs (Barceloneta, PR).

Interview

First I got a phone interview, then a one on one interview. The questions were very basic and some of the questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• 7. Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question