Abbott Medical Optics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Medical Optics Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked with recruiter over the phone for about 3 weeks, then within three weeks met with hiring manager (Director of Sales) and HR Director in person in their Santa Ana office. The interviews were about 45 minutes each. For reasons explained in the "interview questions" section of this review, I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Director of Sales asked why I had not listed all my jobs on my resume. I have over 20 years of experience and did not feel that listing jobs I had while in job or after was relevant to the position I was interviewing for. I had the feeling he was trying to guess my age.   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Abbott?   Answer Question
    • Describe a mistake you made and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Markering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics.

Interview

The first contact was a phone call from an internal HR manager. Had several rounds of in-person interviews. They have senior managers from each business group conduct these interviews to see (potentially) how you work with other areas of the company. They are very focused on "the fit" for Abbott's culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

RA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics.

Interview

I was grateful one interviewer took the time to give me the honest take on the role, duties and responsibilities - it was enough to make me realize this was not a job that I would have wanted to take, even if I were to have made it through the entire process and received the offer

Interview Questions

• Give example of a difficult situation you encountered and how you overcame this   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about 2 days later. A phone interview was scheduled and the planned 30 minutes took just over 45 minutes - great conversation.

Recruiter spelled out next steps (holiday weekend was coming) and the expected time she would call to schedule face to face interview.

Interview was scheduled and I received an email with the interview schedule (3 people, each a 1:1) and an information piece on the company.

Had the interviews and was told the decision would be made within the coming week.

Received email updates and phone calls throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions, by one of the interviewers was "If your old boss described you in one word, what would that be?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics.

Interview

Interview process was as expected. Several steps. Applied online. Interview with HR over the phone. Interview with manager over the phone. Live interview at my home city. A couple more phone interviews with other managers. I was hired within one month.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pre-screen on phone and then onsite with a few peers. Phone screen was cookie cutter and was easy to fool the questioner. Onsite was with people who did not care and were too busy to get in depth or present the business and issues.

Interview Questions

• Technical ability and ability to work independently.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Quick. Phone screen followed by panel interviewers. Overall, the interview panel was very relaxed, more like a conversation than a formal interview. The group reviewed my resume thoroughly and knew the details they wanted to focus on. Seems like they also had a script to follow so that all the candidates would be able to answer same questions and be weighed on a level playing field.

Interview Questions

• Basic, "tell me about yourself; why do you want to work at Abbott?"   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics (Santa Ana, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a brief telephonic screening. I was hired on the spot after the phone screen. I had to request a subsequent face to face interview so i could interview the employer/client to understand the project details better and what i was walking into. I tried to dig as much as i could but did not realize how deep the issues were until 3 months later into the project.

Interview Questions

• Why are the possible reasons in data discrepancies and where in the process / systems could they be arising?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. I was walking into what i thought was just another project. However, the rate/salary did not even come close to compensate for the amount of hard and unpaid hours of research and preparation that this project required.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview by in house recruiter. Then 1 on 1 interview with a staff and manager.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Medical Optics in September 2010.

Interview

Phone, DM, then second DM and possibly national sales manager. Very standard but that was back in 2008. Perhaps Abbott has changed it. It was quick and very much like most pharma interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered. I accepted