Abbott Nutrition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Nutrition Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2018

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Brought in twice to be interviewed by two different managers, the first was looking for a contractor while I was interested in a salaried position. Regardless, I interviewed with her team individually and after meeting with her last, she referred me to a different manager who was looking for a salaried employee. I met with him briefly for a general discussion, after which he offered to bring me back to interview with his team a few days later. For the second day of interviews, I met with his team in two group meetings and the discussion focused on technical problem solving and career interests. An offer was made the following week with a start date of 2 weeks later. Overall a positive interview process, although I have since learned that mine was exceptionally short.

Pediatric Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

Interview

Informal phone conversations/screening with hiring manager, solo video recording with interview questions, video call interview with District Manager, in-person interview with District Manager and Regional Manager, ride-along with local reps, offer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone screen, 1 on 1 using STAR type questions, personality test, gave presentation then to Regional Manager for offer

Interview Questions

• Deliver a presentation on Breastfeeding   2 Answers

Negotiation

No not really

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick contacted by recruiter did a video interview only 5 questions but easy. had interview two days later 1 hour interview then waited a week to hear if I went to the the next interview with a western Mgr. It was quickly narrowed down and I did not get next interview. Pretty stress less process.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a 30-45 minute phone screen with an HR person. I applied on line and the HR person reached out to me the very next day. The phone screen was short and involved me walking through my resume and answering a few behaviorial questions. It was fairly easy and the HR person was good as she provided feedback at the end.

The interview process involves the HR person taking a bunch of notes on your responses to questions, sending it to the hiring manager and the hiring manager decides, based on the written notes, if they want to talk to you or not. The HR manager was very prompt about getting back to me to let me know that I didn't get a second interview because the hiring manager said that my background doesn't fit their criteria. I appreciated the personal and quick response. Most HR people aren't like that.

What I didn't like about this interview experience was that I felt like things were done backwards. The hiring manager should have seen my resume first before the phone screen was done - not the other way around.

Probably one of the best HR persons I've dealt with due to promptness and willingness to share information. Learned a bit about the company in my brief conversation and it sounds like a great company to work for had I been given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called the following day for a phone screen with recruiter/HR followed by a phone interview with the Director and then a full day of in-person interviews with 5 people. Everyone was very nice, nothing was unexpected or negative about the experience. Offer was received approx 2 weeks after last interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a larger sign on bonus

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university job board for the interview process. I met the recruiter at my career fair first. I was contacted and asked to do a digital interview. They flash a question and you get one chance to record your answers. I was then contacted to go to the columbus office for an interview. You interview with the two inside sales managers, an inside sales employee, the sales director, and a sales trainer.

Interview Questions

• Why Abbott Nutrition?

Why sales?

Behavioral questions - Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to you way of thinking

What is your favorite abbott product and why?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online - digital interview where question popped up, had 30 seconds to prepare answer and then 30 seconds to answer. Next step was a personality/leadership assessment, next step was being brought in for an interview with the two inside sales managers.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to resolve a conflict with a friend or roommate, how did you resolve that conflict   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was quick...I had a pretty detailed interview and was offered the position the very next day.

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiona phase...this is a contract position

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I did an 10 minute online interview and was flown to the Columbus office for an interview with two managers and then spoke to a previous intern. The whole process was unorganized and the interviewer was told to go to the wrong building and we ended up doing a phone interview so I missed class and was flown out for no reason.