Abbott Nutrition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Abbott Nutrition Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

Pediatric Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition.

Interview

Informal phone conversations/screening with hiring manager, solo video recording with interview questions, video call interview with District Manager, in-person interview with District Manager and Regional Manager, ride-along with local reps, offer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through website, and was sent an email several weeks later on a Friday with a link and instructions to complete a recorded video interview over the weekend. Received an email a couple days later with instructions to complete a skills and personality test. Next email had my interview date and time. The day of interview, got lost because the address was wrong and no one in HR answered my phone calls. Interview was fine, but i never heard from anyone at Abbott again. Incredibly impersonal process.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall I had a very hit or miss experience interviewing with Abbott Nutrition.

I applied to an open Associate Scientist position through their company website in January and was contacted by a HR manager in February. She rescheduled our "20 minute" phone screen interview twice and when the call did happen she called me 20 minutes past our proposed time and only talked on the phone with me for 2 minutes. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and did not leave me any time to ask questions of my own.

Two weeks later I was invited to two 45-minute online video interviews which were both 2 on 1. The first one was with the hiring manager and another principal scientist, while the other was with the hiring manager's 2 direct reports. Both interviews were very standard where they asked to review my resume followed up with standard behavioral questions. All of the scientists I talked to were very nice and the interviews felt more like conversations than an actual interview.

Two weeks after the video interviews I was invited to an onsite visit to Columbus. Again, I had a very difficult time with HR. They did not respond to my emails and did not have my travel logistics organized until the day before my flight. I did not have my interview schedule sent to me until 11PM the day before my onsite interviews at noon. During my interviews the employees asked about my travel logistics and seemed appalled hearing which hotel I was being put up at and also that my flight leaving Columbus was an hour after my interviews finished.

Even though my interactions with HR were very hectic, my time at the onsite went well overall. I presented my MS thesis and fielded questions for an hour. After that I had 2 30-minute interviews, a 5 minute lunch break, and finally another 2 30-minute interviews. The first two interviews we with other principal scientists in the department and they asked very standard questions. The third interview was with the hiring manager where she asked more detailed technical questions about the position. My last interview was with the department head where she asked very open questions about my MS thesis and internship experiences. After the interviews were done I had to quickly grab an Uber, they did not rent a car for me, and rushed to make my flight to the airport.

During the interviews I was told I would hear a response in 1-2 weeks. After 3 weeks with no word I send an email to touch base with HR on any updates and did not hear anything back. Finally, 5 weeks later I received a phone call from HR saying I had not gotten the job.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Casa Grande, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for maintenance and got placed in Processing. three back to back interviews with maintenance and electrical supervisors, then one with HR. staff knew their details thoroughly, had questions based on resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on AC/DC circuits and troubleshooting, asked thorough and detail requiring questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition in December 2016.

Interview

Went through a contracting agency. The interview was very laid-back and easy. There was a phone screening through the agency, then I received a chance for an in-person interview with Abbott.

Package Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

Went through a recruiter who ended up quiting then a long background check process. Had to drive out of town for drug testing. Took over a month to get everything settled. The interview was the fastest and easiest process. Was interviewed by a FLL (front line lead) who was direct and to the point. Resume was reviewed and was asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How did you hear about Abbott?
      What are you future goals?
      Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I did an 10 minute online interview and was flown to the Columbus office for an interview with two managers and then spoke to a previous intern. The whole process was unorganized and the interviewer was told to go to the wrong building and we ended up doing a phone interview so I missed class and was flown out for no reason.

Pediatric Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick contacted by recruiter did a video interview only 5 questions but easy. had interview two days later 1 hour interview then waited a week to hear if I went to the the next interview with a western Mgr. It was quickly narrowed down and I did not get next interview. Pretty stress less process.

Junior Master Data Interview

Interview

STAR interview method. Be prepared to re-visit your past and remember specific situations that will be relevant to what the interviewer is asking. It is suggested to contact the recruiter in regards to interview prep to try and gain information about what scenarios the questions will be about.

Interview Questions

• very situational and behavior based questions. Lots of questions that begin or end with "Tell us about a time/situation that you _______________"   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable as a contracted employee

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Nutrition (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Brought in twice to be interviewed by two different managers, the first was looking for a contractor while I was interested in a salaried position. Regardless, I interviewed with her team individually and after meeting with her last, she referred me to a different manager who was looking for a salaried employee. I met with him briefly for a general discussion, after which he offered to bring me back to interview with his team a few days later. For the second day of interviews, I met with his team in two group meetings and the discussion focused on technical problem solving and career interests. An offer was made the following week with a start date of 2 weeks later. Overall a positive interview process, although I have since learned that mine was exceptionally short.