Abbott Vascular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Vascular Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

Senior Machine Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

Long stretch between the initial interview and job offer, but I think that had more to do with my supervisor than the company. The interview was about 2 hours as I met with my future boss, a panel of current mechanical engineers, and a panel of controls engineers.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager first. Then an in-person Interview with the group lead and with the quality manager. The interview should have had a site tour, but didn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the conflict you had in the team and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

very smooth process and two rounds of interview. friendly interviewers and smart people to work with. be familiar with what you list on your resume and open to interesting questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview by the manager followed by an onsite interview. HR called on the same day offering the position. The whole process took 4 weeks. Nice interview, but had to leave after a few months due to poor culture!

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular in May 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional conduct by an in-house recruiter. We set up a time for her to contact me (i.e. I'll call you at 3 PM Central Time, etc). She never called. I followed up with an email (should I be expecting your call today?). She replied a day later and set up a second call. The second time, she once again did not call. Not wanting to lose a possible interview opportunity, I persisted in my professional politeness and set up a third call. This time I was to call her. She said in an email, if she can't pick up at that time she'd call me right back. So I called... she didn't pick up, and she also never called back. Finally, although at this point I had given up on her, she emailed and set up a fourth call. Remarkably, she called, though I happened to be a little busy, I wasn't able to pick up at the exact moment of the call (she was 3 minutes late (3:03, though we had scheduled 3:00). I called her back 5 minutes later (3:08), it went directly to her voice mail, no call back, no email. Abbott, get your act together of you want to .. um... actually hire people. Abbott Vascular is probably wondering ... why is it so empty here? Why don't we have any employees? Meanwhile, the 2 or 3 job recruiters are ... on a cruise ship? Playing pingpong in the basement? This experience has turned me away from Abbott both as a potential employee and possible customer. Good service is part of every customer contact, even at the initial recruiter stage. If this phase was so u professional, I hesitate to think about the rest of the company... By contrast, a recruiter at a competitor recently contacted me. She called at EXACTLY the time we set up, the first time, and it was a great conversation which may lead to an interview.

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter to set up a phone interview, which was schedule a few days later. After the phone interview, I was brought onsite two days later to interview with 4 managers, each lasting about 45 minutes. The answers should be in the STAR format. The interview was pretty laid back, they didn't ask any hard technical questions. I finished the interview around 1:30 pm and got a call a few hours later with the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR specialist set up the appointments and sent a formal schedule, which was comprised of four interviews. One was the hiring manager, one was a team member on the project but not in the finance department, and two were co-workers in the finance department. Holding one interview after another all morning was stressful and difficult. But at no time was I treated discourteously or unfairly. The process was conducted with professionalism, so I rate the experience positive overall.

The interview was strictly behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a company form with standard interview questions to ask. There may have been scoring involved, but I couldn't see if I was scored or not. At least, they didn't write a score on their forms in front of me.

The interviews were very much set up to give the advantage to the company to see if the applicant would mesh with their team, and very little focus was on giving the applicant a chance to see if they thought they were a match to the job. Not much time was given to let the applicant ask questions in that direction. If you're applying, you have to get the interviewer off script and ask your questions up front, or you won't have a chance to at all. So be prepared with good, searching questions and speak up early.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you experienced a failure and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Group Leader Interview

Interview

STAR format interview questions about technical abilities, personality, experience, well balance life and how would you type questions?
    Usually about 6 people minimum
    Not easy interviews
    A lot of the same questions are asked by all the interviewers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

applied on campus and then they got back to me within several weeks. total 2 rounds of interview. positive experience, behavioral questions like describing a negative project experience, and etc. very nice interviewers

Interview Questions

• like how to deal with a situation, why do you want to work for Abbott   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

There was a phone interview and three interviews on site. In the same day I interviewed with a quality manager, the ME manager, and the senior manager. I was on site for about 4 hours. They gave me the results about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• They reviewed how I would approach various problems out on the manufacturing floor.   Answer Question