Abbott Vascular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abbott Vascular Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott Vascular

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 senior engineers, 2 group leaders and 1 associate ME. The interview lasted for about 5 hours, having each person interview me for about 45 minutes. Before the interview, HR gave a pamphlet explaining the response format that are looking for. The responses should be in a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format.

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Temecula, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter to set up a phone interview, which was schedule a few days later. After the phone interview, I was brought onsite two days later to interview with 4 managers, each lasting about 45 minutes. The answers should be in the STAR format. The interview was pretty laid back, they didn't ask any hard technical questions. I finished the interview around 1:30 pm and got a call a few hours later with the offer.

Clinical Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was an easy interview process for me as I already knew many of the people that I would be working with. I had worked in several other departments and was familiar with the business culture and what was expected of me. I also already knew the person that I would be reporting to.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

4 to 5 people will interview. Use a form to and will stick to the instruction on the form. The questions are a mix. Some questions are related to the job that you are interviewing for, which can be considered as technical questions. The interviewers will also ask more general behavior type of questions. In all the assessment is to see if the person is good technical and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How will manage multiple projects and timelines   1 Answer

Clinical Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

converted from a contract position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter from an online job application and was set up for an interview that consisted of three 1:1 interviews with a team lead, another employee and the hiring manager a week later. Each interview was to take about an hour each. The office was small and seemed tight knit and like a great place to work.

The interviewer started approx. 20 mins. late and team lead went over my background/experiences and informed me there were 3 different roles available which were all very appealing and different from the original "generic" posting.

The 2nd interviewer asked me some fairly straightforward behavioral questions and I made note that she did not take any notes. She prefaced the interview by saying she "really did not feel like asking the generic questions but had to." No problem. She talked about her experience with the company and gave them high marks.

The 3rd interviewer was the hiring manager of the dept. and did not have enough personality to fill a teaspoon; very hard to read. He asked a few behavioral questions without taking any notes as well. I asked what were the next steps in the process and was told they were looking to hire within the next few weeks and would let candidates know if they would move forward or not to the next step within 7 days. A week later I contacted the recruiter and was told there had not been a decision made. I waited another 3 weeks before leaving a vm for the recruiter and it was not until I emailed him about 2 days after that he responded that there was still no decision. Okay, I followed up with the hiring manager via email to see how things were progressing and received no response.

Everyone I spoke with seemed nice and raved about how AV was a great place to work. I understand they were trying to fill about 9 openings but has common courtesy gone out the window??? I would have appreciated a simple form email stating I was no longer considered, at least. Oh well...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2007.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. It consisted of two 1:1 interviews. The first was with an HR rep and it was a standard behavioral interview, they asked questions like "tell me about a time when you...". The next interview was with a manufacturing engineer, which he asked more about my skills and prior work experience. He was very laid back and easy to talk with.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular.

Interview

applied on campus and then they got back to me within several weeks. total 2 rounds of interview. positive experience, behavioral questions like describing a negative project experience, and etc. very nice interviewers

Interview Questions

• like how to deal with a situation, why do you want to work for Abbott   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and tedious - involves multiple levels and layers of people. The interviewers are given worksheets and suggested questions and directions to drive the interview. Interview process can take half a day if not more - depends on position

better offer elsewhere

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Vascular in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on a job board and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. Had a 20-minute phone screen with the recruiter. Was passed on to the Regional Manager, who set up a face-to-face interview two days later at a hotel bar in Los Angeles. It was an informal interview, since there was not an available position yet. The RM stated the company was still deciding how to arrange the territories, and was not sure how many positions would be available until the end of the month. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. The following day, I was notified by the recruiter that I would not be considered for a position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were typical for a sales position, such as "Describe your selling process". The RM was looking for someone who showed passion and enthusiasm.   Answer Question