Abengoa Bioenergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abengoa Bioenergy Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Chesterfield, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

A few weeks after applying with Abengoa, an HR person set up a phone interview with me. Within a week, I was asked to meet with a panel of three HR personnel. A week after that, I was asked to meet with the HR Director for the final interview round. He told me that I had made it to the final two candidates and that the entire HR team would be voting on the selection. One week later, I was notified via email that the recruiting process for the position had "been cancelled" and that they had elected not to fill the position at all. They also thanked me for my time, which didn't quite feel like an acknowledgement that they'd wasted it. Why put candidates through such an extensive interview process before the need or funding for the position has even been solidified?

Interview Questions

• They will ask you situational, multi-tiered questions that would be better suited for a written application, i.e. "Tell us about a time when you were not able to meet a deadline, the impact that had on the project, how your supervisor responded, and the eventual outcome of the situation in relation to your role in the company?" Um. Yeah. Try making it through that firing squad only to be told "Oops, nevermind, we're not going to hire anyone for this position after all."   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Ruston, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was able to obtain this position by cold calling. I managed to develop professional working relationship with the operations manager and the HR. I was then asked to forward my resume and upon review, I was asked to fix an interview date.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to the position like what is a distillation column? what is it used for? Functions of stripping and rectifying sections? and so on. Questions concerning heat exchanges were also asked.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Lincoln, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interviewed with hr; phone interviewed with hm; on site interviewed with hm and another microbiologist. Interview was easy and I felt good about it but unfortunately no offer. After the on site interview, I waited for more than one month to get a final decision. The waiting process was frustrating.

Salary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took a long time. My first interview was in September and I was hired in January. I first interviewed locally with the head of HR for the US and a plant manager. Then I was interviewed at St. Louis corporate with two executive VPs and another VP. Then I was interviewed locally by a member of the management team from a company that is in a joint venture and finally I interviewed at DC corporate with the CEO, another EVP and a VP. I received notice within 24 hrs I would be getting an offer. Getting the offer and the start date were three weeks apart.

Interview Questions

• There were no Google style questions. They were often specific about the job and how I'd handle situations.

"Tell me how you'd handle prospect resistance, especially when they tell you in no uncertain terms they will never do business with you."
      1 Answer

Negotiation

It was so generous that I accepted immediately.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in May 2013.

Interview

Communicate your honesty, explain your ability to work on a team and alongside other teams. Ability to operate light equipment is a plus. Independent, responsible work is required, as is being a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was in regard to my non-industry background and willingness/desire to remain in industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in November 2011.

Interview

Comprehensive team interview. Interviewed with 2 Department Managers. Asked prior job related questions. Alternated questions between the two interviewers. They will ask about what you know about the company, so make sure you investigate Abengoa Bioenergy on-line. This plant makes ethanol.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about trouble shooting and working with others.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

One interview. Burocracy process, 2 months to be hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long, lack of communication.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy (Mount Vernon, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

One interview. Answer honestly. They want to hear your accomplishments in the university. Also, if you interviewed well, they will have you take an aptitude test at an Ivy Tech branch. The test can take 4 hours. My best advise is ANSWER HONESTLY. The test is designed to ask repetitive questions, so it will know if you are lying.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to go beyond the job duties and help where needed?   1 Answer

Plant Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abengoa Bioenergy in May 2009.

Interview

I first had 4, 1 on 1 interviews with different managers and HR. I then had to take test on knowledge and personality. The questions in the interviews consisted of personal information and experience along with knowledge of a process situation. The test consisted of a timed dexterity test and also a computer timed test based on trouble shooting and processes.

Interview Questions

• Some of the computer test questions were were tricky as to how they were phrased or what the picture showed.   Answer Question