Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Designer Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

The company will fly you to Columbus, OH (if you are not driving distance). They'll show you around the city, also take you to dinner with people who work at the company. It's very fun but don't forget that people are looking at you!. The real interview is 3 parts. 2 interviews with senior designers, where you'll walk them through your project and portfolio. The 3rd is an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Would you miss your friends/ family if you moved to OH?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Seven total interviews plus two assessments:
    1 with a design recruiter prior to coming to Abercrombie and Fitch campus (had to present a prompted project)
    1 group interview at sponsored dinner with designer (they purposefully serve a lot of alcohol, be weary!)
    1 IQ test
    1 20-30min interview with HR representative on campus (had to present project).
    1 20-30min interview with senior designer on campus (had to present project)
    3 10min interview with groups of 2 designers on campus (had to present project).
    1 group discussion about retail assortment to judge how you deal/interact with differing opinions and changing guidelines.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I first met them at a job fair right before graduation, after that I got called for a Skype interview. After that I was asked to submit a medium size project. After being chosen they'll fly you to Columbus and interview you in person. I was interviewed by 2 senior designers that looked at my project, resume and portfolio and I was also interviewed by an HR person.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very standard, I think it is more important for your work to speak for itself. They will ask a lot about your workplace attitude and your capabilities to be a team player.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

On campus recruiting is consisted of an energetic and 'fun' HR person showing an 'abercrombie lifestyle' video. They definitely wine and dine you, let you stay at a fancy hotel suite, pay for your flights, take you out to an expensive steak dinner.

Interview Questions

• How are you different and what different and new qualities can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

When you are interviewing for any of the A&F brands at the home office make sure to wear a current outfit from either A&F, Hco or Gilly Hicks. Be prepared to interview with a few people from the department you are interviewing for as well as other coworkers you would interact with frequently. Be sure to be outgoing, spirited and most importantly, nice!

Interview Questions

• Do you have a significant other living in a different city? If you aren't into living in the Columbus area then this may not be a good fit for you.   Answer Question