Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. They just asked me your typical interview questions and then asked question to better get to know me! They also told me information about the MIT program to become an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Leesburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position of Manager-in-Training (you have to go through a training program before you become an assistant store manager) at an outlet store. I found the process to be on the easier side in terms of questions, as it mostly evolves around your knowledge of the brand, and your interpersonal qualities, not any technical or fashion-related questions. That being said, it was a fun experience because both the store manager and the district manager (who interviews you for the second round) were friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with diversity, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

You first had to tell the district manager about yourself. Then I was asked a couple of situational questions, behavioral questions and then a lot of questions about diversity. I was then told about the company, where the company is headed in the next couple of years and then a description of duties for the position. I was then asked for feedback regarding the company's performance as a consumer and if I had any suggestions. After that we discussed pay, vacation time and benefits. Lastly I was able to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have faced diversity in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The DM interviews new managers for a MIT position. I had one interview, about 30 minutes in length and it was fairly easy. I went into the store and asked to speak with the DM, she was ready to interview me. We sat nearby in the mall and she asked me typical retail type questions, I can't recall anything specific really. I made sure I was dressed similar to the brand style wise. I think if you stress the importance of customer service, look friendly, and appear to be confident, you should be hired for the job. They are always looking for new MIT's so the interview process isn't too strenuous. I was offered the position on the spot and was told I would receive an email explaining the benefits and to call back with any questions. I started the job within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to complete several items with a strict deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was scripted and was one short interview. No more than 20 minutes. I was hired on the spot. They encourage you to dress casual and represent the brand during the interview. It's okay to come in flip flops and skinny jeans and a button down shirt .

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

My district manager was very friendly and outgoing. He was very easy to talk to. He spent 30 minutes talking about himself, his background, his experience, how he got into the company, and where he was headed. He spent the next hour asking about my background and experiences. Abercrombie has a preset list of interview questions they ask every MIT candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working for younger superiors? - he asked because I was a mere 30 when I interviewed. He is legally not actually allowed to ask questions related to age. Abercrombie is huge on age discrimination- as in they discriminate if you're over 26. I was taught how to figure out a persons age based on their resume and then reject if the person is "too old."

Tell me about a difficult task you had to accomplish.
      Tell me about a deadline you had to meet and how you met it.
      Tell me about your best and worst boss.
      Tell me about a challenging situation you were faced with and what you did.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Honolulu, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

It was more conversational with situational questions, it was not hard at all if you can speak on your strengths and weaknesses. It's a casual, laid back vibe and I suggest you wear attire that fits with the Abercrombie & Fitch culture. I know someone that came to their interview with more makeup than they'd like to see and she was not offered a position, whereas I wore attire that fit with A&F dress code and got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate others when they're not willing to do what you asked?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was previously a part-time employee with the company and knew my District Manager for many years so the interview was rather informal. It took place in the mall food court as they do for anyone interviewing for a management position. It did take over a month for her to find me an open position in a store since a lot of other part-timers had also graduated and applied at the same time as me.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult and were all focused on teamwork so it became difficult to provide original answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and asked me a lot of relevant questions for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of diversity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting salary was non-negotiable.