Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Basic. Typical first round, interview questions. Interview questions and position hiring do not require previous experience in retail or other management. Do not need to have knowledge or experience in the retail or customer service industry to pass interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete several tasks, how did you prioritize to get them all done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wilkes Barre, PA).

Interview

Short. Based almost all on your appearance and if you fit into their ideal image type. They don't care much achievements or intellect. If you possess any real intelligence its easy to what the interview is all about. Do not think to much into it just fit the bill for appearance when you show up and you'll land a job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview was mostly questions about fashion trends and customer service experience. What do you look for in five years, they're really looking for someone to stay with the company long term and move up in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. They just asked me your typical interview questions and then asked question to better get to know me! They also told me information about the MIT program to become an assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Leesburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position of Manager-in-Training (you have to go through a training program before you become an assistant store manager) at an outlet store. I found the process to be on the easier side in terms of questions, as it mostly evolves around your knowledge of the brand, and your interpersonal qualities, not any technical or fashion-related questions. That being said, it was a fun experience because both the store manager and the district manager (who interviews you for the second round) were friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with diversity, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

You first had to tell the district manager about yourself. Then I was asked a couple of situational questions, behavioral questions and then a lot of questions about diversity. I was then told about the company, where the company is headed in the next couple of years and then a description of duties for the position. I was then asked for feedback regarding the company's performance as a consumer and if I had any suggestions. After that we discussed pay, vacation time and benefits. Lastly I was able to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have faced diversity in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Towson, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

you have to interview with the district manager. if/when hired you will shadow the store manager and have their schedule until you are promoted after 90 days. usually reported to assistant manager in charge of backroom stock and the associates that work directly with the stock

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with another manager and the Area manager. They really needed to hire someone so they didn't ask that many questions. They really didn't care so we ended up chatting about random stuff.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The DM interviews new managers for a MIT position. I had one interview, about 30 minutes in length and it was fairly easy. I went into the store and asked to speak with the DM, she was ready to interview me. We sat nearby in the mall and she asked me typical retail type questions, I can't recall anything specific really. I made sure I was dressed similar to the brand style wise. I think if you stress the importance of customer service, look friendly, and appear to be confident, you should be hired for the job. They are always looking for new MIT's so the interview process isn't too strenuous. I was offered the position on the spot and was told I would receive an email explaining the benefits and to call back with any questions. I started the job within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to complete several items with a strict deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Marcos, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Asks about leadership experience in other jobs, schools, sports teams, etc. Very relaxed. 2-3 rounds. 1st round is with the store manager and the 2nd round is with district manager.

Interview Questions

• How can you previous experience help you to manage a store?   Answer Question